Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Herringbone schoolboy + camel

Schoolboy blazer in herringbone blue watercolor (size 6 Tall):  J.Crew, fall 2012
Silk boy shirt in French hen (size 6): J.Crew, fall 2012
Camel wool "martin fit" pantss (size 6 Long): Banana Republic, fall 2011
Reptile Colette pumps:  Tahari
Folks, I have a case of the winter blahs.  I'm really just over all of the snow flurries, wind, and cloudy skies.  I must sound like a real wimp to those of you who live in climates that are seriously cold and snowy, as we've had very little snow in southern Ohio this winter.  But the gray skies...the gloom...the dark mornings...yuck.  I'm ready for blue skies, sunshiney days, and glasses of wine in the evening on the patio.  Who's with me? 

I must admit, the number of minutes I spent planning this outfit is: 0. If I don't plan my outfit the night before, I have to rush to the closet after my post-gym shower in the morning, grab, and go.  I liked how it turned out though, clean lines and classic. Focusing on having a cohesive wardrobe has paid off.  It's much easier and less stressful to decide on an outfit when all the items in my closet work together.   I've consigned so many clothes in the last 6 months, and I still have more to unload.  I just don't have time to sift through 10 blouses that I don't love to find the one that I do.  I'd rather get rid of the all the so-so pieces and only leave the items I truly wear.  That may mean having a smaller selection but I'm fine with that...quality is always better than quantity to me.  Plus I use the money I receive from consigning to buy something that I think is awesome.  Makes sense right?

Do you hold on to clothing too long?  Or are you good about "out with the old, in with the new" ? Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous blazer! I wish I had splurged on it. That blue is very flattering on you :) LOL also, I totally hold onto clothing for too long. I need to get rid of the old stuff but I just get so attached to it :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I know, I have to get tough with myself to get rid of stuff...and rarely if ever do I miss it when I do let it go!

      Delete
  2. I like your perspective on keeping quality clothing over having a quantity of items to choose from. I think that now that I know my style much better, I tend to be a lot more picky over what I am willing to buy. Plus it makes getting dressed easier to not have so much to pick from!

    I'm loving this look on you. The pretty blue color of your blazer is making me long for warmer days as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is important to know your style well, it makes things so much easier!

      I am ready for spring for sure!

      Delete
  3. Hello :) Love your style!! I'm trying to get the same blazer. May I ask how tall you are? I've been reading everywhere that that blazer runs short. I"m thinking about getting Tall size...

    ReplyDelete