Friday, November 2, 2012

J.Crew Collection bow blouse in electric plaid

Collection bow  blouse in electric plaid:  J.Crew, here
Wool cafe capri in bright dahlia:  J.Crew, fall 2011
Cap toe heels:  Tahari
Bow belt:  Gap (old)
I'm trying to maintain my balance in the little raised flower bed around our big tree in the pitch dark and just when my husband takes the picture... I lose my footing.  I thought the picture was kind of funny compared to my normal stiff poses.  Plus you can better see my straightened-to-within-an-inch-of-its-life hair.  It's actually a little too stick straight for my taste but whatev...it's a nice little change for the weekend and the end result of my salon visit today. 

You know how I know an internet order is a keeper?  When I take it out of the bag and instantly cannot wait to wear it.  That's how I felt about J.Crew's bow blouse in electric plaid.  I knew I loved it after seeing Gigi's helpful review, but I hadn't seen it in person myself so I felt I was kind of taking a risk by ordering it.  It was a good risk, because I absolutely love everything about it, the colors, the shape, and the nice silk material.  When I first put this outfit on, I thought, now this is pretty bright, even for moi...but it turns out it was a big hit all day, and I received compliments everywhere.  Doesn't that make you feel awesome?  Everytime I receive a compliment, I make it a point to pass one on to someone else...keep the kindness alive.  Because everyone appreciates more kindness in their lives.  Anyway, I digress...I took a size 6 in this top, the 4 would have been too short in the sleeves.  The 6 is roomy but it drapes nicely.  So depending on your height, you can either take your normal J.Crew blouse size or even size down one. 

What do you think of the electric plaid pattern? 

9 comments:

  1. I think I like the plaid best in separates like you've done here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, the top and skirt together would be too much! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. First, I love the picture! Lol, I have lots of those. The blouse is so you, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really am bored with my awkward poses. This one was kinda funny. :)

      Delete
  3. Ouuuu I love this pattern on you. Especially with those pants - what a great color combination, so bright and fun :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this louse, and I love it, I have a leather pencil skirt the same - almost- color as the camel in the blouse, and the 2 pieces look like they were made for one another. I didn't do a bow at the neck, though, just kind of looped the tie loosely, more casual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds gorgeous! I do like the top tied in a knot rather than a bow too! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Love the picture and love the blouse!

    It's funny that you should say you're sick of your "awkward" poses. I sometimes find myself thinking, "She looks incredibly proper, I wonder if she feels completely unnatural posing like this."

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete