Thursday, November 8, 2012

Violet Gloaming Dress: An Anthro Favorite



Violet Gloaming Dress by Moulinette Souers:  Anthropologie, fall 2010
Looping Lanes Belt: Anthropologie, 2010
Pumps:  Seychelles
Necklace:  Anthropologie, fall 2012



Eden Blazer in apricot:  J.Crew, fall 2010

Greeting everyone!  So I've mentioned before how I plan my outfits the night before...there's just no time in the morning, with trying to hit the gym, get the kids ready and to school and myself to work.  But in the evenings, while my husband supervises bath time for a few minutes, I have the chance to sneak off and stare into my closet for a luxurious 5 minutes or so and decide on what to wear the next day.  While I was standing at my closet last night, contemplating my selection, I found one of my old favorite Anthropologie dresses half hidden in the back.  Oh, Violet Gloaming dress, you had me at your name.  Could there be a more perfect name for a dress?  So romantic and mysterious.  I topped it with a velvet blazer and it felt perfect for a warm, sunny late-fall day.  This dress also brings back wonderful memories, as I wore it to explore the city of New Orleans one fine day in February 2010 with my husband...one of my favorite trips ever.  Don't you love when an article of clothing evokes fond memories?

Thanks for visiting! 

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous,so pretty outfit and lovely pics.
    Parfum pas cher

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh noooo! The eden blazer so badly when it came out, but I ended up missing out on it. I will continue to live vicariously through your closet :) Looks very lovely with this dress.

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about you! Living vicariously through your interesting life in the art world and your lovely wardrobe! :)

      Delete