Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Ba Ba black sheep, have you a critter sweater?

Critter sweater with sheep:  Old Navy, sold out online but check stores
Toothpick jeans in garment dyed twill:  J.Crew, fall 2012
Flats: Coach, old
My boys all loved the song "Ba ba black sheep, have you any wool?" when they were babies.  So when I popped into Old Navy the other day to grab some pajamas for the kids and saw this sweater, I fell in love.  I saw the owl and fox critter sweaters as well, and thought they were adorable too.  But sizing was very limited, only Mediums and Larges left, and this one I have on, in an Extra Small.  No smalls in sight, which is my normal size everywhere.  Now I will tell you right now that I am rarely, if ever, an XS.  That size is usually too small in the chest, shoulders, and/or arms.  But I tried on the medium and it was huge, so I figured it couldn't hurt to try on the XS.  I was surprised by how well it fit.  The arms are plenty long, the sweater itself is plenty long, it's not too tight.  Now I couldn't fit a button down underneath, but that's ok.  For $15, I will wear my little sheep sweater happily until it falls apart.

I'm typically not a fan of Old Navy for women's clothing.  I buy my boys pants, jeans, and shorts there, and they're great.  But the quality seems very spotty with the adult clothes.  So I was happily surprised by how nice this sweater feels.  Also, I already had to wash it once (a little incident with bacon grease, whoops) and it washed nicely and I dried it flat, and it came out perfectly.  (And the grease came out, yay.)

I know critter sweaters are a hot but fleeting trend, so it's fun to buy one at a low cost and just enjoy it.  Do you have an Old Navy critter sweater?  What are your thoughts?  Do you like my sheep sweater? 

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. I think it is cute on you! I bought the FOX sweater for $15 from Old Navy. Actually, I bought it for even less -- shopped on 10 percent Tuesday with a $10 reward = $3.50! I was reluctant to jump on the critter sweater trend but I think Old Navy had terrific prices. As much as I love the J Crew French Hen sweater, I refuse to pay the retail price for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow now $3.50 is what I call a bargain! The fox is cute!

      Delete
  2. i love the little sheep sweater - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love your critter sweater, don't you have the owl? Or fox?

      Delete
  3. Love it, and your outfit is really cute! I have and love the French Hen sweater. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought both the fox and the owl, I got the fox for 11.00 when they had the 30% off and went back and bought the owl for 15.00. Great prices for trend pieces and my 21 year old daughter can wear them too. I thought the sheep was cute too, but figured I have enough :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the fox & owl! :) fun you and your daughter can share!

      Delete
  5. What a cute sweater and it looks so fresh with the green pants. I'm new to your blog and just wanted to say that I really like your style!

    I resisted the temptation for a long time so I just got my first critter sweater this year, from J.Crew, the pear sweater. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I am happy you found me! LOVE the pear sweater! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete