Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Blackwatch plaid + jeans

Schoolboy blazer in blackwatch plaid:  J.Crew, fall 2011
Natasha top in green:  J.Crew, 2011
Jeans:  Express, old
Willow riding boots in deep cognac:  Banana Republic, fall 2012
Necklace:  Gift from friend
My first day of Christmas vacation was spent attending my 5 year old's kindergarten Christmas party, taking  my 2 year old to lunch, and making dinner for my dad and his wife.  It has been a great day.  I was responsible for bringing the game in for the kindergarten party.  My boys and I made this adorable reindeer on posterboard last night and cut out a bunch of red circles for noses, and so the game was "Pin the nose on Rudolph."  The kids screamed with laughter everytime a blindfolded kid would try to guess where the nose went...it was a much bigger hit than I anticipated.  After the national sadness of the last few days, there is no where else I would have rather been today than to spend a couple hours with a class of happy kindergarten kids.

Plaid blazers are everywhere this year, aren't they?  Or maybe it's just this time of year.  I saw another mom at school with the Target version from this year of this blackwatch plaid jacket, and it looked great!  I absolutely love this blazer, even though it feels a wee bit on the short side...it didn't come in tall sizes. Blackwatch plaid is so perfect for Christmas time, isn't it?  Thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

  1. yes - i'm itching to get my hands on a plaid blazer, too! hoping there might be one wrapped up for me under the tree next week. :) that game for the kids sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need a plaid blazer, I can totally see that being your style! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. THANK YOU for stopping by! Love your blog! :)

      Delete
  3. Love this outfit! Gorgeous. Glad you had a fun day with the kids. :)

    ~Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this! and I am going to copy, copy, copy!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like nothing more than for you to copy it! :)

      Delete
  5. I am looking for a 0 in the blackwatch tartan. Any chance your J.Crew blackwatch is a zero? If so, interesting in selling by chance?

    ReplyDelete