Monday, December 3, 2012

Ruffles in the rain

Ruffled short belted trench by Elevenses: Anthropologie, 2009 or 2010? 
Wool cafe capri pants in retro jade:  J.Crew, fall 2012
Pumps:  Vince Camuto
A rainy Monday calls for a simple outfit, right?  I came accross this old rain jacket from Anthropologie on our coat rack this morning, and since we're having a weird warm spell I decided to give it a whirl.   I can't remember if this jacket is 2009 or 2010 and I couldn't find it online.  If anyone knows what it is, leave a message in the comments, thanks!  You can't really tell from this picture but the ruffles on the coat are pretty big and over the top.  But being a ruffle-lover, that's ok by me. 

I will have a few J.Crew Factory reviews later this week. I'm waiting for one more package to arrive, but I've been really impressed with the quality of Factory items lately.  The prices are really reasonable too, with all the promos Factory has been running. 

Thanks for stopping by on this Monday!  I can't believe Christmas Eve is in exactly 3 weeks!  Time is flying!

10 comments:

  1. Jeannie, love your blog! Just wondering, do you wear nude stockings with the cafe capris or no stockings? I can't tell from the picture. Also will you wear these pants in the winter with stockings? I like the slimmer silhoutte of these types of pants but I'm not sure how to wear in the winter. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, good question! I do not wear stockings. It has been so mild here that I don't need to. I don't think I would wear these when it is super cold out. They are kind of tricky in that regard, aren't they? :)

      Delete
  2. I tried on the wool capris and I'm bummed that they didn't fit me well, but they look fantastic on you! I agree with you about the Factory quality and prices. I bought the matchstick jeans in festival green (inspired by you) and I loved them so much that I ordered the neon rose pair too. Can't wait to read your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoot, sorry they didn't work for you! So glad you love your green jeans, the neon rose will be fantastic!!

      Delete
  3. You had me at ruffly rain jacket <3 It's really hard to find a great ruffly jacket without being over the top - Anthro did a really great job with this coat :) Can't wait to see your factory reviews!

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Isn't it fun to pull something out of the closet that you kind of forgot about? :)

      Delete
  4. I don't know the name of this jacket but it looks lovely on you!! It looks beautiful with the capri pants too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the jacket with the pop of color from the pants! You look so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete