Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Silk pin tuck + tweed


Silk pintuck blouse in charcoal (size 6):  J.Crew, 2012
Multi-colored tweed skirt (size 6): Ann Taylor, spring 2013 (buy it in a couple petite sizes here
Gladiator heels:  Ann Taylor, old
Necklace: J.Crew, 2009
If there is one thing I am always short on, it's time.  I'm the queen of multi-tasking and I get really anxious when I feel like I'm wasting the precious commodity that is time.  My hair is the first sacrifice when I'm short on time in the mornings.  Back it goes, some days more haphazardly than I'd like.  Makeup?  I have the "five minute face" down to about 2 minutes.  I'm normally even too impatient to sit through a pedicure.  Who has time for a calf massage in this rush-and-go world?  But yesterday evening I found myself with an hour to kill and a little nail salon in front of me.  Oh, and I just happened to have a new bottle of OPI polish in my purse too that I had purchased while grocery shopping then forgot about.  Perfect timing!.  So despite my impatient tendencies, I forced myself to sit in one of those massage chairs that I find highly uncomfortable (does anyone really like those?) and have my toes tended to.  Which is why I just had to wear open toes today, even though it's still a bit early.  I wanted the world to see my La Paz-itively Hot toes.  It's a great summer bright.  And hey, today my toes looked better than my hair.  Something's always gotta give, you know?

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. The minty pop looks so cute! I too couldn't survive without my 2 min makeup routine and low maintenance hair. Really helps me get out the door on time in the AM :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Although my hair doesn't look quite as polished as yours! :)

      Delete
  2. Too funny! La Paz itively hot is my favorite opi shade of all time for summer. I've been wearing it for several years and have it on my nails right now. Always gets lots of complements.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha clearly we have very similar tastes including J.Crew, Lilly, and now nail polish preferences! I'd never bought this color before...I always buy and bring my own bottle of nail polish when I get my toes done. I LOVE this color and will be using it all summer! :)

      Delete