Monday, April 8, 2013

Wearing Lilly today in remembrance of Lilly Pulitzer


Harlow silk dress in multi x marks the spot:  Lilly Pulitzer (2010 I think)
Coral belt:  J.Crew
Heels: Sam Edelman
Earrings: Stella & Dot
Good Monday afternoon!  Hope your week has started out great!  I had to wear a Lilly dress today in memory of Lilly Pulitzer, who passed away yesterday at the age of 81.  (Read the People magazine article here.)  It's such a cool story of how she started designing dresses.  She was definitely a lady who knew how to have fun in life and with her clothing designs.  One of my dearest friends introduced me to the Lilly Pulitzer label about 8 years ago, and I've been wearing her bright designs with pride and enthusiasm every since.  So if you own any Lilly items, make sure you wear them this week in remembrance of this preppy American icon.

I may have been pushing the spring envelope just a tad bit with this dress today.  I was a bit chilly in it, but I felt very springy.  If I keep believing it is finally spring, maybe the warmer weather will continue.  I could tell everyone else was sick of seeing drab winter clothing as well, as this dress received many warm compliments wherever I went today.  It made me feel good that I wore a Lilly!

Have a great week, thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Awww! I love Lilly prints and was so sad to hear of her passing. I wish it were warm enough here to wear my Lilly dress! instead, I took it out, twirled around my house this weekend, then wished for even 10 degrees more so I could venture outside in it.

    You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it warms up for you soon! Miss your blogging! :)

      Delete
  2. what a great dress on you - and thanks for the link to the article about her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made my day when i saw you were wearing Lilly! You look like sunshine in a bottle! Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Loved your tribute to Lilly too!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad that you wore Lilly in remembrance of her! The print and colors are gorgeous on this dress. Thanks for including the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, it's also a very comfy dress with an elastic waist so it's great for work!

      Delete
  5. I've got my Lilly on today. A favorite: the turquoise sweater with red coral branch. If it was summer I could wear Lilly all week but may not be able to this time of year. I'll try though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are wearing Lilly too, I know that sweater and love it! I will definitely be wearing more Lilly this week also! :)

      Delete