Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Gull Wing Dress + Field Day Cardigan

Field Game cardigan by Charlotte:  Anthropologie, spring 2010
Gull Wing dress by Girls from Savoy:  Anthropologie, winter 2012
Belt:  Anthropologie, 2011
Nude peep toes:  Via Spiga
I admit, this is not my typical structured look for work.  I guess the end of summer has me feeling more melancholy and whimsical, a la Anthropologie, than classic J.Crew.  That being said, I didn't feel quite like "myself" in this outfit today, and I kept fussing with the ruffled neckline of the dress as well as the belt, which I took off pretty quickly.  I get really irritated when I have an outfit on that requires a lot of fidgeting, do you? 

Ahhh, all the online summer sales this week are KILLING me right now!  I'm trying to be good but of course  I had to place a few orders.  Don't forget to take a look at the amazing deals being offered right now by these websites:
My sweet, lovely mother actually ordered me a Kate Spade purse I had been coveting for a while, at a wonderful deal of $149, marked down from $398!  I'm now awaiting the Grand Street Melinda in coral to arrive:


I am so excited!  What a great pop of color that will be for my fall wardrobe.  Thanks Mom!  Keep in mind that a lot of these online sales are only open today and tomorrow, including Kate Spade and Lilly Pulitzer.  So if you're going to place an order, you better hurry!

Do you have your heart set on any sale items? 

7 comments:

  1. jeannie, i think you look great in the outfit!

    and that bag - i LOVE it! what an awesome color!

    i am coveting some jcrew items. i actually have a gift card there and have no idea what to spend it on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh isn't that the worst when you have a gift card burning a hole in your pocket and you don't know what to spend it on?? You always make awesome choices though!

      Delete
  2. I have the Gull Wing Dress in polka dot, and I am also always fooling around with the ruffles. I have a tough time figuring out what to put over it to make it work appropriate, the neckline is difficult to pair with a sweater. Good job here though, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I couldn't wait to get it off...it bugged me all day and I was worred about flashing cleavage!

      Delete
  3. Oh I lusted and hunted for that cardigan when it first came out and then sold out. Then I finally scored one on Ebay months later at an acceptable price and ... I could not find one thing to pair with it. Seriously. But sigh, I adore seeing others rock it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the red one too and sold it because of the same challenge!

      Delete
  4. The bag is AMAZING! Way to go Char. And honestly the color of this dress is so beautiful on you. So jelly...I want it!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete