Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Anthropologie fitting room reviews: So many dresses, so little time

Hello lovely ladies!  In case you didn't know, Anthropologie is offering 20% off all regularly priced dresses until Sunday!  With that in mind, I decided to do some dress reviews for those of you who don't live close to an Anthropologie store.  Here we go...

Chessia Dress by Maeve
$148 + 20% off here
If I hadn't already purchased a white and navy striped dress for this year, I would definitely consider this cute one!  It is very flattering on, and the material feels good.  Plus, look how adorable the trim of the dress lining at the bottom is:

It's little details like this that make Anthropologie special.  This dress is cute, flattering, and TTS. I'm wearing a 6 and it feels great. 

Chroma Shadow Sheath by LeifNotes
$168 + 20% off here
This sheath dress has a great flattering shape and is made of sturdy cotton, which we all can appreciate.  The only thing I didn't like about it is the fact that the upper back is solid blue.  It's not a deal breaker but I don't love this detail at all, and wish it would be the same fabric as the rest of the dress.  However, I can see this looking great with a summer blazer for work, as it's not too low cut.  I will definitely consider this at sale time.  It is also TTS... I am wearing a 6 and it felt great.

Aurelian Brocade Dress by Leifsdottir
$228 + 20% off here
Leifsdottir is one of my favorite labels in Anthropologie.  But I've said it before...I can't bring myself to pay upwards of $200 for a polyester dress!   The colors of this dress are pretty, and the metallic sheen makes it appropriate for a formal occassion.  But I couldn't get past the poly, or the fact that the dress has an ugly exposed zipper.  Now I know exposed zippers have been on trend for several seasons, but I say enough already...an exposed zipper does nothing to accentuate the beauty of a formal dress.  Pass for me.  Also- I am wearing a 6 here and I found it TTS, but many online reviewers found it to run small.

Hannah Raceback Dress by Mirror of Venus
$228 + 20% off here
This dress is made of a heavy silk-cotton blend and looks sweetly retro.  The full skirt may not be for everyone, and the bodice may cause problems to someone with a large ribcage.  But I found it to be unique, fun, and classic.  Love the neckline and the cute back:


Almost like a half-bow...so cute.  My friend just purchased this dress for some upcoming spring occassions and she loves it.  Fits TTS also...I'm wearing a size 6.  I thought I may want to size down, but since the bodice is so close fitting, that wasn't necessary. 


Mysterious Eyelet dress by Maeve
This dress by Maeve is not on the website yet that I see.  It was $168.  I really, really wanted to love this dress.  I adore eyelet and the coral color.  But it was very stiff, rough metallic fabric, and so uncomfortable!  Plus I thought it made me look like I had a tummy, complete with a little eyelet hole right where my belly button is!  It also fits very small...this is a size 6 and I had zero room to negotiate.  Maybe it would work on a smaller-chested girl, but for me it's sadly a no. 

Flounced lace maxi dress by Mirror of Venus
$248 + 20% off here
This is so not my typical style but I was intrigued by this long dress and had to try it on.  It's really lovely but may be too long for shorter ladies....look how long it is on me!  I'm wearing a 6 and it is TTS.  Very pretty but not my style and I have no idea where I'd wear it.  Pass for me but it will look beautiful for the right occassion on the right girl.  And now the dress that came home with me:



Silk Mabel dress by Moulinette Souers
$168 + 20% off here
I think we all have certain labels that seem to always be winners for each of us in terms of style, fit, and personal taste.  Moulinette Souers is my Anthropologie label that I seem to always love, and the Mabel dress is no different. This dress is getting a lot of love online, with many 5-star reviews on Anthro's website. I can understand why.  I've had my eye on this pretty silk number for a while, and with the 20% off along with my birthday discount (and leftover birthday money), I finally went for it.  Silk and machine wash?  Love!  It's a pullover style, which is not my normal style, and the sizes went XS-L rather than numerical, which I found odd.  That's ok though. I'm wearing a Small and it fits fabulous, so comfortable and light.  The colors are beautiful too, and it's not too short.  It also has little hooks to keep your bra straps in place, and pockets.  Awesome!  When I showed my favorite Anthro sales associate, Trisha, my dress choice, she said "I knew you'd pick that one, it's so you!"  And she's right!

What do you think of the Anthropologie dresses?  Do you have your eye on any of them?  Thanks for stopping by, I hope my reviews were helpful!




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reviews: so helpful! I'm also considering the Mabel dress :)

    ReplyDelete