Saturday, March 30, 2013

Casual in chambray + colored cords

Perfect shirt in chambray polka dot (size 6): J.Crew, summer 2012
Denim jacket (size small): Old Navy, here
Skinny cords:  Old Navy, fall 2012
Cece ballet flats in tortoise: J.Crew, fall 2012
Sunglasses:  Banana Republic, check in stores
On my boy:  Gap hand-me-downs from big brothers :)

Hope your Easter weekend is off to a good start!  We enjoyed a beautiful spring day finally so we had a picnic at the park.  Since I am almost always showing my work OOTD's on the blog, it's fun to show a casual outfit once in a while.  This chambray dot shirt sold out pretty quickly...but one random one in my size recently showed up on the sales rack at my local J.Crew...I really did not need it at all but love it already.  I think I may even be able to make it work for corporate wear with a blazer and pencil skirt. 

I have been wanting a denim jacket for a while but did not want to invest much money in one, as I won't wear it very often. This one from Old Navy is perfect, in shape and price.  I bought a small because I wanted it to fit really snug...if denim jackets are even slightly boxy, they just look too 80's to me!  But if you don't want it really snug you may want to size up...it runs a bit small.  During the same visit these cords were on the sale rack for $9.99...I love the springy green color so they came home with me too.  They're really comfy but have a bit more of a "jegging" shape than I'm used to!

How cute is my littlest boy?  He just recently became potty-trained now so we are all finished with diapers in our house.  It's a bittersweet victory, as we've had diapers around for 7 years and now that we're finished it means all my babies are growing up. 

Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. Ohhh you are making me want a denim jacket! Love the dots and the mint, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Old Navy one is a great low-cost investment! :)

      Delete
  2. you look absolutely adorable in a casual outfit! we always see your "corporate" look, so this is fun! Your little guy is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I really like casual outfits too! My little boy is growing up way too quick, just like his older brothers! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Love this look, and what a sweet picture. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely outfit Jeannie! I love that you also have those flats, great way for me to get some inspiration for pairing them. Your boy is darling - such a cute smile :D

    ReplyDelete