Monday, March 25, 2013

Leopard + plaid = good...or bad?


Tippi sweater in leopard (size small):  J.Crew, 2012
Sunnie pencil skirt in yellow (size 6):  J.Crew Factory, 2012
Elizabeth silk cami (size 6):  J.Crew, old
Heels: Mojo Moxy (DSW)
I do not in any way consider myself  to be "good" at pattern mixing.  In fact, it still makes me rather uncomfortable and insecure that I just look like I got dressed before fully waking up. So when I do make an attempt, I take the safest route possible, making sure the patterns are in the same color family and one of the prints is pretty subtle.  Even still, when I looked at the pictures today, I was on the fence.  I can't decide if I like the outcome or not.

If you want to see someone who pattern mixes like a madwoman, head over to What I Wore 2day.  Kasmira's was one of the first fashion blogs I had ever seen, as she used to live in Cincinnati and was featured in the local media a few times for her blog.  She fearlessly mixes florals, plaids, animal prints, graphic prints... you name it, she's tried it.  And while I doubt I will ever have her pattern-mixing chutzpah, I have always admired her bravery. 

Do you see that white dot by my chin in the first picture?  Snowflakes and wind have literally been blowing in my face alllllll day.  March definitely came in like a lion and is going out....like a lion this year.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I love it. It's a very daring match-up, but the neutral colors make it work. :)

    ReplyDelete