Thursday, February 21, 2013

J.Crew's lady jacket in berry pink: A crowd pleaser

Lady jacket in berry pink (size 6): J.Crew, fall 2012
Double-serge wool pencil skirt in heather carbon (size 6): J.Crew, here
Silk top by Moulinette Souers (size 2: Anthropologie, 2010
Black leather heels: Nine West

This jacket and skirt combo was a surprising crowd pleaser today, and I give all the credit to J.Crew's pretty lady jacket.  I wish I wasn't standing like such a dork in this picture because I don't think you can truly see the outfit (I really need to start taking multiple pictures to give more detail).  I have struggled a bit with what to pair this jacket with, because the trim isn't exactly black, it's a very dark navy.  It doesn't look that great with black, but I loved it with charcoal.   Everywhere I went, someone had a nice comment about the outfit...even an elderly gentleman struggling with his walker took the time to compliment me.  So sweet!  I love when people show kindness.  I always try to pay it forward.

Thanks for reading.

12 comments:

  1. that's the one color the lady jacket i don't own... but i'm certainly glad to live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had picked up the charcoal version too... I love it!

      Delete
  2. Awww that's so nice to hear :) I think its really special when people you don't know compliment you. Makes you want to do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I am going to recreate this outfit down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the jacket was gorgeous, but the color was not good on me. It looks perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely on you -- another option might be a winter white skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just discovered your blog through Tweed and Toile - love how colourful and practical your outfits are (wish I had your J Crew inventory - it's amazing!). I appreciate your sense of style, and the effort you make to look stylish being a wife and working mother of 3. I am a 36-year old mother of two young girls, who is married and works full time. I also love looking put together and stylish, and consciously make the effort amidst my busy life. Like you, I truly believe in first impressions.

    Rhobi at Cover Up Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! It is challenging to work, raise small kids, and look good while doing it, isn't it? However I find that I just feel better when I put in an effort to look nice...when I am schleppy it has a major effect on my mood! So the extra effort, to me, is worth it! Thanks for the kind words!

      Delete