Monday, March 4, 2013

Polka dot tippi + tweed

Polka dot tippi sweater (size small):  J.Crew, fall 2012
No. 2 pencil skirt in multi-color tweed (size 6): J.Crew, fall 2012
Necklace:  Anthropologie
Booties:  Enzo Angiolini
Oh Monday, you beast.  Why must you be so harsh?  This Monday definitely called for polka dots to help my ease into my week with cheer.  I added the tweed skirt because it's still fr-fr-freezing here!  This skirt has been a surprising work horse in my fall and winter wardrobe.  I remember back in the early fall, when I first tried it on, I thought it was pretty but that I didn't need it.  Well then of course when it went on sale for $49.99 plus an additional 30% off my tune changed quickly!  Now I'm so glad I purchased it... I have so much to match it, and my concern that the material would pull and ruin quickly has thankfully gone unfounded so far.  I paired it with my new polka dot tippi that I picked up in-store during a recent addional percentage off promo for a fun, yet subtle play on pattern mixing.  I REALLY love the polka dot tippi, both this version and my Factory version.  It's just fun and whimsical but professional at the same time.  Kind of like me, right?  Right. 

Thanks for visiting! 

6 comments:

  1. oh i think the dots are fantastic with this skirt! hope your monday is getting better since it's almost tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purple and black is a great pairing - I always enjoy how you put together work-appropriate outfits that still fun and full of personality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! Might as well have fun at work, right?

      Delete
  3. I have worn the heck out of that skirt this winter! It goes with everything and is cute and professional. I have the sweater but have not worn them together-will have to try it as it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corduroy comes from the French word "corde du roi" meaning "cloth of the king". It became popular in the 1700's when King Louis XVI (1754 - 1793), King of France (1774 - 1792) chose this material for his servants on his grand hunting outings.tweed boucle fabrics

    ReplyDelete