Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"Bright and Official"

Double serge wool hacking jacket in bright turquoise:  J.Crew
Black watch plaid pencil skirt: J.Crew
Mint green ruffle top and turquoise necklace:  Banana Republic
Black peep toe heels:  Tahari

I knew today was going to be chillier but I froze in bare legs!  Note to self:  Apply makeup BEFORE I have my husband take pictures.  EEK!  Anyway, on to the outfit:  This is the J.Crew double serge wool hacking jacket in bright turquoise.  It's on sale right now for $129.99 plus an additional 30% off with the code SHOPNOW. Which is sad because that's quite a bit less than what I paid.  Ah I hate when that happens!  Anyway, the jacket is a lovely soft wool, with pretty painted gold buttons and great details like a little inside pocket.  One note on the fit:  It's longer than other J.Crew jackets.  I am 5'10" and it came well past my hips, so if you're on the petite keep that in mind.  One of my clients told me today I looked very "bright and official"  in my jacket.  I guess I'll take that over "dumpy and unprofessional."  Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I commented earlier & I don't see it. Well done, Jeannie. It looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gigi! I know- some of my comments are disappearing? Need to look into this. Anyway, your blog was one of my inspirations to starting my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great....even without the make-up!

    ReplyDelete