Friday, April 6, 2012

Introduction to my blog!

Me wearing one of my favorite designers, Lilly Pulitzer
Hello my name is Jeannie and I am a fashion addict. A shopaholic.  A passionate lover of J.Crew, Anthropologie, Lilly Pulitzer, and expensive handbags.  A daily peruser of fashion blogs and websites.  I adore all things preppy and trendy, classic and of-the-moment.  I love it all. While fashion is one of my favorite topics, it is also becoming my albatross.  I’m concerned because I am realizing that it’s all too much…the shopping, the credit card debts, the wish-listing I endlessly do on my favorite websites.  I decided to create this blog as a tool to help me work with the clothing already in my closet.  By posting my outfits each day, I want to learn how to remix my clothing and be creative with what I own.  I will also be sharing my thoughts and feelings about reigning in my passion for shopping!
I’d like to say I am strong enough to do a one year shopping ban, but I know that is probably not feasible. However, I do want to start off by committing to not purchasing anything for the next 3 months.  Over the course of the next year, I want to pay off all my credit card debts, drastically cut back on my clothing spending, and learn to appreciate the beautiful clothes that already grace my closet.  I’m asking you to help keep me on track.  Hold me accountable for my actions, as I possess a great talent in making excuses for purchasing a new item. (A party, a work event, a bonus, a birthday, there's always something!)  The fact of the matter is, there will always be a reason to want a new dress.  But alas, want is certainly not equal to need.  And what I need is to stop spending.  My amazing husband is so kind, and provides so well, but I know I burden him with my spending.  It is unfair and unkind.  I don’t want to be that kind of person.  Selfish.  Self-centered.  I don't want to be ashamed of my actions or my spending anymore. We have three beauitful boys we are raising, and I don't want my spending to affect our family in a negative way. I believe I can still appreciate fashion, and be fashionable, without buying something new every day.  I work in a corporate environment, but I can still be creative with my outfits as long as they are appropriate.   My closet is well stocked.  Will you help me on this journey? 

4 comments:

  1. I admire your strength! Best of luck - I'll be folllowing your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you! That was so nice of you to say! Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I''m loving the colorful outfits! Esp this LP dress. I'm excited to find a new stylish blog to follow! I'm also interested to see how you are mindful of budgeting. I need all the inspiration I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Pamela! I've always admired your style so I think like you said...we are going to be blog pals! :)

    ReplyDelete