Thursday, April 12, 2012

Colorful casual

Fanfare jacket: J.Crew
Silk Darla Cami: J.Crew Factory
Skinny Jeans:  7 For All Mankind
Boots: Coach
Silver link necklace: Tiffany

Instead of going colorful in the corporate world today, I took the day off to take my little guys to see The Lorax and go to the park.  It was a beautiful day and I wanted something casual but still pulled together.   I bought the fanfare jacket on second markdown a month ago and I have already worn it three times... so I think it was a good choice for the spring.  The top is another story...I ordered this cami months ago, probably back in December, and it has sat in my closet with the tags attached until today.  I'm glad I finally pulled it out today!

I thought we were finished with boot season but it was only 29 degrees this morning when we woke up so I thought I'd give my favorite boots one more go.  It warmed up to a nice 62 so the boys had fun at the park and my littlest guy had his 2 year old pictures taken there by a friend.

I asked my mom to take this picture for my blog.  Her response:  "What is a blog and why would anyone care what you're wearing?"  Love the generation gaps.  Thanks for stopping by!  Any tips you may have for me would be greatly appreciated!  A blogger I admire suggested adding closeups of my outfits...I will do that eventually for sure.  Just getting used to the blog first!

3 comments:

  1. Love the pop of color under the Fanfare jacket -- I'll have to try that! What a fun day to spend with your kids. I'm thinking of heading to see the Lorax tomorrow with my little guy. My mom also cannot remotely grasp why I blog about clothes and who would want to read it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha so funny! Thanks for stopping by...I've loved your style and your blog for a long time, your polyvore sets are amazing! Hope you enjoy the Lorax...I thought it was really cute and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wast a perfect fashion! The style was perfect for you! Don't forget to visit my blog site at juliegallaher.com

    ReplyDelete