Saturday, October 13, 2012

Cocktail party attire featuring beading & lace

Silk beaded bow cami:  J.Crew Factory, fall 2010
Antique lace tierd skirt:  Ann Taylor, spring 2011
Pumps:  Max Studio
Bow necklace:  Ann Taylor, holiday 2010
Saturday morning, and before the rush begins to clean the house for a showing (fingers crossed) and getting out for a soccer game I wanted to post my outfit picture from the cocktail party last night.  In all honesty I was overdressed... most of the other ladies were doing the "jeans and cute top" combo.  However, I like to dress up and I was one of the hosts so I figured being overdressed was better than underdressed, right?  This outfit was a good reminder that I have so many fun pieces in my closet that are not brand new but still lovely!  I am guilty of always wanting something new when we have a holiday party, or any kind of dressy event.  But then that means all the items I buy get worn once and put in my closet to collect dust.  I was so tempted to buy something new for this party, and I am SO glad I didn't.  I felt great in this outfit and was reminded me how much I love this special beaded top and lace skirt.  This skirt was the last item I got really excited about at Ann Taylor.  I don't know what happened to that retailer but it seems like in the last year or so it has geared toward an older demographic.   Anyone else feel that way? 

And now, I have to share a picture of my boys:


Look at the baby doing a jig.  Ahhh, I love them!

Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh your boys are so cute! LOL I love that the little one is dancing :) adorable!

    BTW fabulous skirt, perfect for a night out :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The little guy is SUCH a ham, I am in trouble wtih him!

      Delete
  2. You look gorgeous! We are now so far into fall that there is no way I could be dressed like that now! Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We had quite a warm weekend, it was nice!

      Delete
  3. Cute picture with the boys.

    And I agree, better to be overdressed & it's more fun anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha...so cute!

    I love that you dressed up from head to toe instead of the cute-top-jeans. Yay, Jeannie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cyber-"bubble" friend is anxiously awaiting your next post ;)

    ReplyDelete