Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Don't be Koi

Lulu dress in "don't be koi" (size 6): Lilly Pulitzer, 2010
Heels: Audrey Brooke (DSW)
Aviators:  Anthropologie
One thing I love about Lilly Pulitzer is the clever names of her patterns.  If you look closely this dress pattern is koi fish...hence the pattern name, "don't be koi."  I think clever names for articles of clothing draws us in, that's obviously part of Anthro's charm too, right?  I'm not sure why...probably because as women we are drawn to the cute and the clever. 

If you work, what do you do when you get home as far as clothing goes?  Do you stay in your work clothes all night?  I cannot even imagine!  I get home and literally run upstairs to change that very minute.  Shorts and a Lacoste polo usually in the warmer months, with Jack Rogers navajos.  In the winter I'm even lazier... sweats or jeans and slippers.  Which makes me think if I were a stay at home mom, I'd be a slovenly slob admiring fashion blogs in my stained fleece and flannel jammie pants.  Hey I'm just trying to be transparent here...I dress up for work every day but definitely enjoy my comfort too!  What about you?

Thanks for reading!

10 comments:

  1. I change immediately. Don't want to be cooking dinner and/or crafting and take a chance on ruining my clothes. If I am in the house for the rest of the evening, I may just put on my pajamas, otherwise it is a pair of shorts and t shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, my work clothes would be ruined immediately cooking dinner ot helping with homework!

      Delete
  2. I am exactly the same. Unless I wore something extremely comfortable to work (like a jersey dress where all I need to change is the shoes), I change clothes the second I walk in the door. My husband laughs, but it really makes me feel better. I usually change into yoga pants and a cute shirt, unless I have somewhere to go. Then it's a more casual, comfy, relaxed skirt and a cute shirt. Glad to know I'm not the only one who changes the instant they get home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It TOTALLY makes me feel 100% more relaxed and comfortable to change! I agree!

      Delete
  3. If there's no chance of going back out, it's yoga pants, a college tee shirt, and a hoodie. If I might head back out it'll be jeans/shorts and a tee or polo. Flips or slippers depending on the season. No way I could stay in my work clothes all night, they'd all be ruined!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! In the winter I get really shameless.. changing immediately into my flannel pajamas sometimes! At least in the summer I will do shorts and a top! Lord I can be slovenly sometimes!

      Delete
  4. I love that Lilly print! I usually change right away when I get home from work--sometimes just the top or bottoms, if I had on pants or a less dressy shirt on. If I'm going to be home the rest of the evening, I usually put on loungewear/workout wear; especially in winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it's cold and snowy out forget it...I love getting cozy when I get home from work! My poor husband only sees me looking nice for about 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes after work! At least in the summer I am not AS frumptastic after work, shorts and a polo are inifinitely better than my ratty sweats in the winter!

      Delete
  5. if i'm wearing something nicer then i'll change. but if i have jeans on i'll wait until i'm ready for bed or tired of wearing pants. :P
    lovely dress on you jeannie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Well you're young and hip...wait till you're old like me! Haha! :)

      Delete