Friday, May 10, 2013

Tipped blazer + Floral variety skirt


Tipped blazer (size 6): Banana Republic, spring 2012
Natasha top in modern red (size 6): J.Crew, 2012
Floral variety pencil skirt (size 6): Loft, spring 2013
Heels: Joan & David
Handbag:  Kate Spade
First of all, thank you SO much for all of your wonderfully supportive comments yesterday.  They mean the world to me and I mean that.  I am always amazed at the kindness of others...simply taking the time to reach out and tell me your story, or tell me it will be ok...each word was greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Last time I wore this skirt, I paired it with a bright blazer and navy top.  Today I reversed it and went with the navy jacket.  I can't decide which pairing I prefer, but I do love how versatile and cheerful this skirt is.  I hope Loft continues to surprise us with pretty cotton items!

So I want to share with you an adorable Mother's Day gift my sweet middle son made for me.  He was so proud to present it to me today after school.  I will look at this picture every day and think of my relief to know that he finally has a diagnosis of dyslexia (and ADHD):



See how 2013 is written all backwards?  Awww it breaks my heart.  But it's so sweet at the same time.  I will smile every  time I look at this sweet picture. 

Thanks for reading and thanks especially for all the kind words!  I'm just a regular mom with a job and a family who happens to love clothes, and I love to share this little part of my life with all of you.  It is so amazing that you read my little blog and take the time to offer your comments, it is more wonderful than I can verbalize.  Thank you!  Have a great weekend! 

8 comments:

  1. Jeannie, I'm just catching up on the blogs and wanted to comment regarding your sons diagnosis. I can only imagine the struggle you are going through, but ultimately I think you will know deep down what is best for your son. It's scary but at least you have a diagnosis and can work with that to help him. It's better to be in the know than in the dark. A dear friend of mine was diagnosed with ADHD as a child, and while it wasn't always easy (but really, what ever is?), he is now a very successful dentist with a thriving business. With love, encouragement and help your son can and will accomplish wonderful things! Btw, I totally adore his picture, so sweet! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kinds words! I know we will find our way on this path! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Love the outfit and the drawing!

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't had time to read blogs til today. I love the Anthro sweater and eyelet skirt from yesterday. Such a pretty outfit. I want the floral loft skirt too but I don't need another pencil skirt ( or any other piece of clothing) right now. My son has struggled with focus (ADD) and is about to graduate from high school. We kept him in our private Christian school but it prevented him from having the advantages of things that probably could have helped him. Since our school didn't offer a 504 plan he was unable to get extra time on the ACT which I'm sure would have greatly improved his score. He has been accepted to college and hopefully will be successful there. I'm not sure if the road we chose was the best one, but there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for sharing. That sound exactly like our situation, I really don't want to take him out of our Catholic school! We are going to try 1st grade and see if he can manage with extra help from his teacher, tutor, and speech therapist! But if he struggles too much, we will have to send him elsewhere. :(

      Delete
  4. Hi Jeannie! Happy Mother's Day to you! Such news about your son must bring up a lot of questions and emotions. I always struggle when I have to say such to families that I work with. You sound like a wonderful and supportive parent, and I hope that your school will work with you to ensure what is best for your son. I smiled when I saw your son's artwork, definitely keep that! You look gorgeous as always, and the colors on that skirt are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I so appreciate all the extra effort his kindergarten teacher has put in to help him, she is a great person! All of you teachers are extra special!

      Delete