Sunday, May 26, 2013

Lindsay Sweater Dress + resort chic wedge by Lilly Pulitzer

Lindsay sweater dress in splash pink roaring stripe (size medium): Lilly Pulitzer, here
Resort chic wedge in island coral:  Lilly Pulitzer, here
Hope everyone is enjoying a long, restful weekend.  My kids are all disasters today, which always happens the day after the sitter lets them stay up late.  As I'm writing this I can hear my 3 year old downstairs whining, "Owwwwwweeeee, oweeeeee" and my husband saying "What happened? What happened?" I am assuming there is no blood or I would have been summoned, so hopefully he has it under control.  Anyway, moving on...

Hello body consciousness!  While I think this sweater dress is gorgeous for a night out, it shows off Every. Single. Curve.  I don't even own a pair of spanx of any sort, but this dress is kind of making me want to go buy some.   This dress is definitely NOT one that will come to mind during a "having a fat day" kind of day. It's more of a "Oh I was so busy I forgot to eat today" kind of dress if you know what I mean.  Ha.  It is actually really comfortable though, and I like the wide waistband.  Plus I got a good ab workout in by sucking in my gut all night.  One word on fit:  Lilly Pulitzer knit dresses that have alpha sizes notoriously run very small.  I take a size small 95% of the time, but in these knit dresses I always take a medium.  You can tell by looking at it that there is no extra room...so if you're ever ordering a Lilly knit dress in S, M, or L...size up!

This wedges look a bit orangier in the photo than IRL...I thought they matched better than this.  But next time I will go with a neutral shoe.  Both the dress and the wedges are from a local Dillard's in Cincinnati that happens to have one of the few department store Lilly Pulitzer sections in the nation.  I can always find great deals there, since Dillard's tends to mark items down much quicker than boutiques.  I was surprised to find this dress still full price on Lilly's website, when I paid around $94.00 for it.  I love feeling like I got a good deal!

Do you like sweater dresses?  Thanks for visiting!

13 comments:

  1. This dress looks AMAZING on you! Rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this Lilly dress and you look awesome in it! Wish our Dillard's had Lilly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have gotten awful spoiled with the great sales at Dillard's in the Lilly section, that is for sure!

      Delete
  3. Love the dress, it looks really flattering on you! Are the wedges comfy? I've been looking at them for a while now but was unsure of how comfy they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! This is my second pair of resort chic wedges. I really like them and they are not as high as other Lilly wedges, plus you can tell they are extremely well constructed! I would consider sizing up half a size in them, that is what I did!

      Delete
  4. Wow Jeannie - you look fantastic in this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping by to tell you how much I appreciate and love your blog. Thanks for including a full body picture. I find it so hard to get an idea of how things look when the head is chopped off. Thanks to all your photographers - so much better angles when the photo is not a selfie. Thanks for sharing a bit about your life - but still keeping it really about OOTD. Thanks for pushing me to "mix" it up a bit and try some new combinations. Enjoy your Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a nice thing to say, thank you VERY much! Hope you had a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. My local Lord & Taylor carries a small amount of Lilly in the summer and I always scour the sales racks as they seem to go on sale earlier than on the Lilly website or local Lilly franchise. Jealous of your Dillard's find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sales racks at department stores can great can't they? Thanks!

      Delete
  7. You've got amazing style. I love this dress! The lines are really beautiful. I'll definitely be following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete