Saturday, May 18, 2013

J.Crew's pinwheel eyelet shorts: Breaking my own rules


Pinwheel eyelet shorts (size 6): J.Crew, here
Merino tippi sweater in stripe monach (size small): J.Crew, here
Coral wedges:  Banana Republic, summer 2012

For several years now I staunchly lived under my own made-up rule of "no short-shorts."  I scoffed at women my age who wore them.  "Ridiculous" I thought.  "You're a mother now.  You're in your 30's.  You are too old for short-shorts!"  You know what I have decided for this summer, from this point forward until my legs are old and withered?  Screw that rule!  Why shouldn't I wear short shorts?  When I tried these on, the sweet sales associate told me I had to get them.  That I looked great in them, that my legs looked pretty.  It made me feel really good.  So I bought them.  I am wearing them tonight to a party, and I feel confident in them. Why did I decide years ago that I was too old for shorter shorts? Who knows...I am always very conscious about dressing my age, and not trying to look like I'm still chasing the good old high school and college days.  In any case, I am happy I broke my own silly rule.  Oh, and my husband likes them too.

For sizing reference, these shorts are TTS to a tiny bit on the small size.  Usually a size 6 short at J.Crew are very big on me, and these are fitted...but in a good way.  The sweater is TTS to slightly big.  The material seems thicker than the regular plain tippis, which is surprising considering this is summer sweater.  But I love it.  The butterflies are very nicely done. 

Side note: Both of these items are still full-price online, but they are on sale in-store and an additional 30% off! 

Have a good weekend! 

10 comments:

  1. I never noticed the shorts. How much are they in-store? I like your sweater w/the shoes. The SA did not steer you wrong. The shorts look awesome. I agree to work it while you got it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gigi they are $49.99 in store + 30% off = $35! Thanks

      Delete
  2. Girl you look amazing in them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! I find that my legs look better in the shorter shorts, because of where they hit on the leg. Mid-length are not as flattering. Anyway, it is a cute outfit and you rock it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Becky, I got rid of all my Bermudas, I thought they were frumpy!

      Delete
  4. with those legs, you can wear shorts for the next 50 years! seriously, you look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit looks great on you! I think that dressier short-shorts like these work well on many different ages.

    ReplyDelete