Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Review: Soft wash gingham shirt by Banana Republic


Soft wash gingham shirt in pink strawberry (size small): Banana Republic, here
Green shorts (size 6): Banana Republic, summer 2012, check in stores for this year's version
Hamptons Navajo high wedge in gold: Jack Rogers, silver here
Belt: J.Crew
It's ok, you can be honest...I kind of look like a picnic table cloth in this shirt.  I even said that to one of the SA's when I purchased it.  Her response?  "Yeah but if anyone can get away with it, it's you." Hmmmm.  Not sure how to take that comment other than the fact that the entire retail world in Cincinnati knows I unabashedly like all things pink and colorful. So sue me, right?  I love this shirt, picnic table appeal and all.

This shirt also comes in a pretty lavendar gingham and a navy gingham.  Both are also lovely.  The shirt is TTS, so soft and comfy.  I can see myself living in it all summer, with shorts, white jeans, and even over my bathing suit. 

I like posting casual outfits on my blog.  I wore this out to a quite dinner with the family and my dad and his wife.  Trust me, you would have fallen asleep if I would have posted a picture of the boring suit I wore to work today.  This outfit may not be screaming with excitment either, but at least you'll get an idea about how this shirt looks and fits IRL if you are scanning Banana Republic's webiste and are curious. 

I've lost weight lately, mainly because of stress, and it shows... unattactively in the baggy fit of my shorts, pants and skirts.  Not planned, and not good.   Life, you can ease up on me any time now.  I'm waiting.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. You look lovely! I am such a fan of your casual outfits. I love the pink and green together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like the pink paired with the mint. hope things get better for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, girl! You are looking gorgeous as usual, and I just know things are going to get better for you.

    ReplyDelete