Sunday, May 5, 2013

J.Crew Factory printed Cora dress

Printed Cora dress in bold orange (size 6): J.Crew Factory, here
Handbag: Kate Spade, spring 2012
Coral wedges:  Banana Republic, summer 2012
I have never been away from the blog for so long, and I really missed it!  First communion week, Derby week, and other commitments coincided to make this past week busier than I could have ever imagined!  I promise to catch up on comments and on your blogs as soon as possible!

I bought the printed Cora dress a couple of weekends ago when Factory was offering the 50% off everything promotion. (What a GREAT promotion, right?) I love it so much and I wore it to my son's First Communion.  If you're considering it, I say it is TTS to slightly big.  I am wearing a 6 with plenty of room but couldn't have sized down to a 4 due to my chest.  Now my bag and shoes may be too matchy-matchy for more daring ladies...but for my logical, analytical tendancies, I loved the coordination of it all.

On Friday, we also had the great fortune of once again attending the Kentucky at Churchill Downs.  This is the day of racing the precludes the Kentucky Derby, and it is so much fun.  There are 100,000 people in attendance, and you see just as many fabulous dresses, hats, and men's suits as on the day of the Derby.  I'm terribly forgetful at getting a full shot of my dress, but here is nearly a full length shot of me and my husband.  We're standing in the paddock area of Churchill:

My dress: Lilly Pulitzer, 2010 I think?
Hat: Nordstom Rack
His tie:  Lilly Pulitzer
It is always a fantastic day.  So a very busy, very exhausting, weekend for us! 

Thanks for visiting! 

14 comments:

  1. Love both of these dresses! You look so pretty! I'm heading to the Crewlet today, planning on trying on the Cora dress. Sounds like you've been having a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will love it! Very nice quality!

      Delete
    2. I bought it! Love that it is lined in cotton too. So so pretty.

      Delete
  2. I knew you'd look so good in this dress. Thought of you when I tried it on. Love the Lilly, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Gigi, I love when you stop by!

      Delete
  3. What a great couple! You guys look amazing and I adore your lady like dress. Perfect for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, and thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. You look great in both dresses! Perfect choices for the two occasions. I have been loving J. Crew factory lately, maybe even more than J crew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I agree, J.Crew factory has been really great lately!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous colours on that Factory dress and I love your Derby outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so awesome in the dress and derby hat! And the floral print j crew dress is lovely on you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is very beautiful. This is my favorite style...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this dress in J Crew Factory this past weekend--really pretty! I have the pattern from last year in a sleeveless top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,
    It is matchy, but the orange bag really completes the outfit, I think it works nicely. I love strapless sun dresses, yours is very nice with the hat.

    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete