Monday, June 25, 2012

Casbah + San Pedro

Silk casbah blouse:  J.Crew, summer 2011
San Pedro pencil in turquoise skirt by Eva Franco:  Anthropologie, spring 2011
Looping Lanes belt:  Anthropologie
Pumps:  Seychelles
Necklace and earrings:  Gift from my mom, purchased at Macy's
Staring into my closet last night, planning my outfit for today, I challenged myself to find two older pieces and put them together in a way I hadn't thought of before.  The silk casbah top and the San Pedro pencil skirt have long been favorites for me, but why did I never combine these two ocean-hued pieces?  It was a nice cool-toned look for a hot day, and I loved it paired with the browns in the necklace, belt and shoes, which brought out the browns in the top's pattern. 

Speaking of the belt, I do love the way belts pull together an outfit, but for me, as I'm in and out of my car all day, belts can literally be a pain in my stomach and they rarely last past lunch time.  Does anyone else feel my pain?

Hope your Monday was good.  I'm still planning on wearing my older favorites all week, why don't you dive into your closet and pull out something fabulous you haven't worn in a while for your outfit tomorrow too?  I'm off to bed soon.  You know how when you wake up in the middle of the night and you can't think rationally?  I woke up at 4 AM and for some reason was convinced I was going to miss my 8 AM conference call...I fretted the rest of the night and even dreamed I did miss it!   I swear I can talk my neurotic self into anything at 4 AM.  Hopefully I will sleep better tonight!

13 comments:

  1. Jeannie, this outfit is gorgeous. And I am always in awe of how you keep your hair looking wonderful in every picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words! Funny how you are your own worst critic, all I could think about this picture was how tired I look! :)

      Delete
  2. What a stellar outfit! I always wanted that belt....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Doesn't Anthro have the best belts?

      Delete
  3. Love the blue on blue with the pop of red - so pretty!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I'm totally with you on the belts. I loooove the way they look but sometimes I end up taking it off during the day. If I'm sitting at my desk for the whole afternoon, I usually end up taking it off. Too bad they always look so good!

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be painful right? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Ok WHY did I not get that blouse last year? Major mistake! You look beautiful - I love these bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love bright colors too, especially in the summer!

      Delete
  6. That is just a gorgeous color on you! I love it when I think of new ways to wear clothes I already have, it's almost like having new clothes :) I'm following now!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon I agree! It IS like having a new outfit, and way more economical! Thanks for following!

      Delete
  7. great look and amazing skirt, this color is perfct, i really love it!!

    have a nice day!

    xx

    ReplyDelete