Saturday, June 30, 2012

Daisy Quarter skirt + Sequins

Sequin tank:  J.Crew, winter 2012
Daisy Quarters skirt by Lauren Moffat:  Anthropologie, winter 2010
Snakeskin heels:  Calvin Klein
Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!  I wore this for a very fun riverboat dinner cruise on Friday night.  I'm still dragging today but it was a great time with friends.  Prior to the event, I was in one of those weird moods where I probably tried on 4 or 5 outfits before leaving the house.  That rarely happens for me, usually I decide on an outfit and that's that.  But nothing seemed right for the evening.  I love this skirt so much but have had it for 2 years and have only worn it a handful of times because I find it difficult to pair with anything.  It's very poofy, so any top has to be really slim, and it sits high on the waist.  I liked how the cream sequined top matched the embroidery, but looking at it I needed some more accessories.  But isn't the skirt a showstopper?  It reminds me of something Carrie would have worn on SATC. I hope Anthro starts bringing back beautiful, unique pieces like this soon.

We have more big plans tomorrow with friends and I am taking the entire week off work.  We're not going anywhere but have lots of fun things planned for the kids and with friends.  I'll be checking in a lot for sure.

Right after this picture was taken a huge storm blew through Cincinnati and knocked out power in a lot of areas...thankfully we were spared.  It also cooled the 100 degree day down to 80 in about 5 minutes flat, which was perfect for the cruise.  We have some crazy weather around here.  Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

  1. Wow - I couldn't put up with that heat! Love the outfit pairing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look really adorable,that skirt is too cute!Maybe we could follow each other? xx Melodylouise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this entire look - that skirt is gorge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this skirt! It is definitely a show stopper! Your river cruise sounds so fun. You look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete