Sunday, June 10, 2012

Neon rose denim + eyelet

Eyelet top:  Lilly Pulitzer, old!
Garment-dyed ankle-zip toothpick jean in neon rose:  J.Crew, here
Resort Chic metallic leopard wedge:  Lilly Pulitzer, here
Pink sparkle drop earring:  Banana Republic, here
Gold cuff: Gift from friend
Hope everyone has had a fantastic weekend!  Ours has been full of swimming, grilling, and a party with friends.  I love the weekends, and this weekend I decided to finally dive into the colored denim trend, a look I've been resisting forever.  I first reviewed these ankle-zip jeans from J.Crew here and was very surprised by how much I liked them.  I didn't want to spend $125 on a trend though, so I thought maybe I'd look at the Gap or elsewhere for a less expensive version.  Then these jeans got marked down...twice... in-store, so at a much more affordable price I decided it was worth giving the colored denim a try.  I'm so glad I did!  I wore these to a party Saturday night and received so many compliments. I think they will even look cute tucked into congnac boots in the fall.  One thing to note:  These are the regular length.  They're available in Tall online, but I didn't want them to be too long so I went with the regular.  I think they're a good length, do you?  They hit me right above my ankle.

I have had this Lilly eyelet top for 5 years now, and it is still a staple and a favorite of my summer wardrobe.  I love the large eyelet and I love the defined waistline.  I also love that I've had it for so long and still reach for it! 

Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

  1. This entire combo is lovely - and those wedges, yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! These wedges have become my summer weekend stand-by... comfortable and chic, what more could you ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is one of my favorite looks on you!


    ina-wonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the eyelet top with the bold colored pants. Perfect Summertime look.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this outfit. It might be my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing! This is such a beautiful look. You are so slender!

    ReplyDelete