Monday, May 21, 2012

J.Crew dressing room reviews, Part 1

Let me start out by saying I am loving J.Crew's spring and summer lines.  The colors are amazing and the silhouettes are so flattering.  I kind of want to live inside J.Crew's summer catalogue, but that's an issue I'll just have to work through.  So for the first round of reviews, I wanted to show you some tops that are flying off the shelves in Cincinnati along with the ubiqutous colored denim that is everywhere right now.  Here we go!

Sequin Anchor Top, $98 here
Garment dyed ankle zip toothpick jean in neon rose:  $125 here
Ahhh is this not the most perfect Saturday casual date night ensemble?  I am insane for this sequin tank!  My local J.Crew only had one small and a couple extra smalls left, and the sales associate said they have been selling very quickly.  I can see why, it is adorable!  I love anything with an anchor on it!  And as much as I've resisted the colored denim trend, for fear of looking like I am chasing my youth, I really did find these pants flattering.  They were stretchy enough to be comfortable as well.  I'm wearing a size small in the tank and a size 28 in the jeans.  Both seemed to fit TTS on me but the sales associate did say the jeans are running small...the description calls them "super skinny" so that doesn't surprise me.  You may want to size up... try them on for sure!

Tiered dot tank in soft blush:  $69.50 here
These blush-y colors tend to wash me out, but I actually like this tank paired with these jeans.  For brunch it's perfect.  The tank is nice and thick and not sheer.  I really liked it but wouldn't pay full price, as I feel like these kinds of tanks are usually marked down to reasonable prices rather quickly!  This is a small- runs TTS.

Silk bow cami in stripe:  $98 here
Remember when all the ruffle camis first came out a few years ago at J.Crew, and everyone was insane for them and they were around $88?  Yeah J.Crew has bumped all their cami prices up to $98 and above now.  A little high for my taste but this is a lovely little top.  I really liked the floral version too, but I adore stripes so I chose this one to try on.  The only negative is I don't think you can wear a regular bra with it, probably a strapless is required.  Which I'll do if necessary, but I prefer a regular bra to keep the girls where they need to be. Anyway, I'm so happy J.Crew is bringing back pretty silk camis and tops.  I'm wearing a size 4 here, so I'd say this top is also TTS.

Scoopneck blouse in colorblock stripe:  $135 here
Remember Fruit Stripe gum?  That immediately popped in my head when I saw this top.  It's shaped exactly like the anchor top that's now on sale, and it has the same cute buttons on the shoulders.  I love it!  So fun with jeans for casual or a skirt for work.  The silk is a nice quality and the shape good.  I'm wearing a size 4 and it is TTS.  Wishlisted for me!

Tomorrow I will have several dress reviews from J.Crew.  Hope this helps anyone considering any of these items!  Thanks for visiting!

10 comments:

  1. Seriously tempted with tat anchor tank...seriously...
    And I agree with the comment you left on my blog, we need another 30% off promo! Fingers crossed for Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the tops here!

    xo Nav
    http://navlandstyle.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love the anchor top!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I see your experience with Fruit Stripe Gum silk top was the same as mine: Seriously JCrew, could you steam the clothes before hanging them out for us to buy? Your stores are not Forever21, please put out nice wrinkle free merchandise!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret I agree COMPLETELY! And every single one was hopeless wrinkled! I couldn't believe it! Thanks everyone, I adore the anchor top as well! Waiting for a promo and hoping it doesn't sell out beforehand! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I can't wait for your dress reviews. LOVE a frock! :)

    I hope you bought the jeans, so beautiful on you. If I had your hips, I would be in bright jeans, too!!!

    That fruit stripe gum brought me back. Miss being young!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Dina! I did not buy them yet but they are definitely on my wish list! I know..youth is wasted on the young!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the reviews. Looking forward to the dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the reviews! I'm interested in the tiered dot cami too...hopefully it will make it to markdown.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eek. The wrinkles are a mess. I like everything else on you. And your shoes are really cute.

    ReplyDelete