Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Katydid silk blouse by Charlotte Taylor

Katydid silk blouse by Charlotte Taylor:  Anthropologie, summer 2012
No. 2 pencil skirt in double-serge cotton, neon azalea:  J.Crew, summer 2012
Pink pumps:  Seychelles
Earrings:  Banana Republic
Back to the grind after a long weekend!  I am a huge fan of the British designer Charlotte Taylor. I love how she always does fun designs incorporated with animals, and most of her items are silk.  Anthropologie carries some of her items, but my local Anthropologie has actually carried very few.  When this blouse went on sale online, I ordered it as well as its sister piece, the Juggling Figures silk blouse.  I couldn't decide which one I wanted so when Anthro offered its free shipping for orders over $100, I just bought both.  The gray color of the Juggling Figures blouse looked terrible on my skintone so I returned it and kept this one.  See a closer view of the design here and how it is actually a grasshopper pattern!  I was also able to get a PA when Anthro offered an additional 25% off last week, which made me even happier, since Charlotte Taylor pieces are a little above my price point, even on sale.  I was really happy to pay about $55 for this blouse, which was originally $128.

So I was dying to wear this blouse but I didn't know exactly how to style it.  Then I took one look at Pamela's outfit here and she totally inspired me!  Her blouse, while a white background with  blue design, reminded me of this blouse, and I loved how it looked with pink!  So thanks for the outfit inspiration Pamela!

I did cover up with a Lilly Pulitzer embroidered cardigan for work.  I loved how it looked layered and left untucked as well: 


Thanks for visiting! 

6 comments:

  1. so cute! I will look for that brand next time I'm at Anthro :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out! I love that blouse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh i love how cute that is with the cardigan over it! love this!

    ReplyDelete