Thursday, September 13, 2012

Meet Memo, my new favorite work dress

Memo Dress in super 120's wool, royal violet:  J.Crew, here
Colette Reptile pumps:  Tahari, here
Necklace:  Chico's, borrowed from my mom
Would you think less of me if I told you I have worn this dress for two days in a row?  If so, stop reading now.  Ok, for those of you still with me, I'll tell you I wore this to an out-of-town work meeting on Wednesday, and then again today as I wasn't going to see any of the same people.  So this is how fabulous the dress still looks, at the end of day two of wearing it.  For ladies who work in a professional environment, this dress is corporate-perfect!  I'm so happy it has decent-lenght sleeves, and is completely office-appropriate on its own or with a blazer.  For sizing reference, I am wearing the 4 Tall.  (SO happy this dress came in Tall!  Please offer more of your dresses in Tall, J.Crew!)  One feature of the dress that some ladies might take issue with is the v-neck.  It is not too low cut for me, but maybe that's because I'm tall.  It may be low for shorter girls.  But I really liked how this necklace filled in the v-neck area, or you could always do a cami underneath.  I hope some of the other colors go on sale soon, as I'd definitely purchase this dress again! 
Do you like wearing dresses to the office?  Thanks for visiting!

10 comments:

  1. This looks amazing on you and the color is just gorgeous. Isn't it great to find something that's just perfect for work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its the perfect work dress! I must say, J. Crew usually does a great job with their dresses :) This one looks fabulous for the workplace!

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I agree, J.Crew makes great dresses...my only complaint is that some of them are too short on my giant self! :)

      Delete
  3. I bought the same dress in blue (here: http://laurawears.tumblr.com/post/28507988478/i-pity-the-fool) - absolutely love it! I have been eying the purple version too. Looks great on you :)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, and I'm glad that it is available in tall sizes! I like the idea of wearing a statement necklace to help compensate for a lower neckline. I often do that by wearing scarves. I love this color, and I'll have to check out the other colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How in earth do you wear a 4?! You look a zero!! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh you are way too kind! I have never and will never be a zero! I am normally a 6, but sometimes a 4! Thanks for the nice words!

      Delete
  6. Looks wonderful on you! I have this dress too and was wondering... how high can you comfortably raise your arms in this? lol Mine is comfy and looks perfect when arms are down so I don't want to size up, but when my arms go out more than 45 degrees the shoulders scrunch and I pull the rest of the dress.

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this work dress is so nice. The color is spectacular. Even I have to attend a business event at the local corporate events NYC venue and I was just confused about my corporate look and I think this outfit is just perfect. Hoping that I would find that easily in the market.

    ReplyDelete