Monday, September 24, 2012

No. 2 pencil in double serge wool, berry pink


Dots within blouse by Sariah:  Anthropologie, fall 2011
No. 2 pencil skirt in double serge wool, berry pink:  J.Crew, here
Bow pumps:  Mojo Moxy, DSW, fall 2011
Giraffe enamel bracelet:  J.Crew, summer 2012
Another Monday, made better by bright colors and my favorite combo, pink and green!  I must admit, I did have some inspiration with this outfit.  I love Lisa's pink and green outfit here don't you?  It's just such a pretty pairing, pink and green.  I knew I wanted to do my own version for work!

Again a note on sizing, if you didn't see it before:  this pencil skirt is the regular length and I am 5'10".  It hits me right at mid-knee so unless you are taller than 5'10", or you like your pencil skirts to hit at more of a midi length, I think the regular length should fit most ladies just fine.  I know there was a lot of grumbling about how this year's No. 2 pencil skirts in double serge wool don't seem as thick as in years past.  I don't disagree, but I still believe that they are the nicest skirts being offered at any of the major retailers right now.  And at the special price of $98, espeically if you can catch them with an additional 30% off promo, they are not too bad in price.  What can I say?  You know I drink too much of the Crew-lade.

Thank you for all of your kind comments about our family pictures!  I really appreciate all of the nice words!  You ladies are the BEST!  Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out!

    I am actually waiting for my berry pink pencil skirt to come in right now. I got my first double serge wool skirt last season and was really impressed with the quality and fit. I got the berry in the regular, not petite, length though so now I'm worried it may be too long, eeps (I'm only 5'2")!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Hmmm it depends on how high you may wear it on your waist too? Mine is pretty low-slung. I'll be interested to see if the regular size works for petites and tall girls too!

      Delete
  2. I picked this up on Friday! Skirt twins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love green and pink together! You look lovely as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't think even last year I would have worn these two together, but following other fashion blogs has made me more daring!

      Delete