Friday, September 21, 2012

Revisited Impressionist Dress by Tracy Reese

Impressionist Dress by Tracy Reese:  Anthropologie, summer 2012
Sandals:  Banana Republic, summer 2012
In US Weekly a few weeks ago, they had a "Who wore it best?" page with three celebrities wearing this Tracy Reese dress.  I was shocked it was that popular!  I meant to keep it to show on the blog, but then it took me forever to wear the dress and the magazine must have gotten thrown away.  I agonized over this dress for months.  It is so exquisite, and the colors are to die for.  But $300 was way more than I was willing to pay.  When it finally, FINALLY went on sale, I headed to my local Anthro as fast as my heels would carry me.  My size was already gone so the sales associate ordered it for me, and I waited nervously for it to arrive.  Anyone who has ordered from Anthro in the past few months knows it has been a gamble to order anything online...sometimes you get it, sometimes the order gets cancelled, their system is really a mess right now.  Fortunately my dress showed up in just a matter of days to my doorstep.  But the negative part is, this gorgeous, expensive frock came wadded up in the cheapest, smallest mailer bag you can imagine.  Who would treat a special dress so poorly?  It was a wrinkled mess when I rescued it from the bag.

Fortunately, I was able to iron out the wrinkles and I finally got around to wearing it tonight for our family pictures.  The pictures rendered both my husband and me exhausted and badly in need of a glass (or 3) of wine, but the dress made me smile through all the meltdowns and whining of 3 little boys.  I wore flat sandals as the pictures were taken outside in a park, and I wanted to be able to move around. I really liked how it looked with them!  But in a normal setting I'd definitely wear heels.  I'm so happy this dress is finally mine and I'm glad I was able to wear it before fall and winter arrives!  TGIF!

7 comments:

  1. Bless you and your hubby to go through a family photo shoot with the little ones. ;o) You look so pretty in that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this same dress! It looks fabulous on you! I also have the same complaint about Anthropologie's shipping/packaging. They always send items in the smallest box possible and then it arrives extremely wrinkled. Given the amount they charge for shipping, I would expect more.

    Anyway, I just found your blog and I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found me! Thank you for the kind words!!

      Delete
  3. Lovely! Stalking Anthro pieces is a job in itself. Last year I madly stalked a Lauren Moffat wool coat because it was waaay too expensive, but I'm so glad I have it now :) I'm so glad that your order didn't get cancelled - its a gorgeous pattern.

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was it the peachy coat with the cream zig zag design? Love stalking Anthro items!

      Delete
  4. Just jacked off to thise pictures

    ReplyDelete