Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Suiting up for work

Navy suit:  Banana Republic, similar jacket here and pants here
Silk casbah blouse:  J.Crew, summer 2011
Password pumps:  Seychelles
I apologize for being quiet this week, after a weekend away I've been really busy in the corporate world.  Today called for a suit, so I added this pretty printed blouse and colorful pumps for a little fun.  My style has really evolved in the last two years.  I used to love wearing suits, and now I just feel a little...bored in them.  Still, some work days require wearing one, and when it is a necessity I usually reach for my suits from Banana Republic.  I love the lightweight wool line, and the pants come in long sizes so I know I won't risk looking like I'm waiting for the flood. 

Do you ever have to wear suits to work?  How do you add your own pizazz to your suits?  Thanks for visiting. I'll be more peppy the rest of the week, I promise!

6 comments:

  1. Very chic! I have to wear them a lot, sadly. I find the underpinnings, like your great top, and jewelry or scarves will make me feel better about them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I think there is no look as professional as a suit, no question. Personalizing it with fun pops of color just makes it more fun!

      Delete
  2. I think you could have worn your fabulous green bubble with this outfit! And if you didn't catch it on my blog, I bought one myself. Naturally you are the green bubble necklace queen so I was sure to give you a SHOUT OUT! http://what-i-bought-today-tc.blogspot.com/2012/09/blog-shout-outs-for-j-crew-items-and.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, the green bubble would have looked great! I was needing to be toned down today, but I will definitely add the bubble next time! Thanks for the shout out!

      Delete
  3. Sometimes I'll pull out suiting pieces to wear when I have an important meeting with a parent. I do have a couple of Banana Republic suiting pieces that I like, but I hardly ever wear. Last year I wore a pair of tall trouser slacks with pointy toe heels and while I loved the outfit, I ended up getting my shoes tangled in my pants while walking down the stairs to the parking lot and I sprained my ankle! I like how you added pops of color with your heels and blouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I have tripped like that over my pants before! That never ends well!

      Delete