Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Retro jade No. 2 pencil skirt in double serge wool

Print silk tie blouse:  Banana Republic, here
No. 2 pencil skirt in double serge wool, retro jade:  J.Crew, here
Colette Reptile pump:  Tahari, here
I can't believe it's my first day of the season to wear a wool skirt!  Mid September seems too early, but we woke up to temperatures in the mid 40's so it felt right.  It warmed up to a beautiful, sunshiney 70 degrees, but I never felt too hot.  I am LOVING this retro jade color.  It makes me not feel as bad that I missed last year's veridian green version.  For reference, I debated for a long time between the regular length No. 2 wool, which is 25.5 inches, and the long...which I assume is 2 inches longer. I'm so glad I decided to go with the regular length.  As you can see, the regular size 6 comes to my mid-knee, and I don't think I would like it any longer than that.  (I'm 5'10" for anyone who's a new reader.)  The size 4 made me feel way too booty-licious, so I am glad I went with the 6 even though I have a bit of extra room.  (Better for the holiday pounds, ha.)  Also see this same pencil skirt on my friend Gigi.

I loved this blouse when I saw it, and was happy it was silk.  Banana Republic has been sneaking in way too much polyester lately.  Tie-neck blouses always have me at hello.  I know some ladies won't love the fact that this blouse has teeny-tiny "BR" logos all over, but they are blue against navy so it didn't bother me at all.  The cream dots you see on the blouse are tiny chains...I love it.  Plus I've really been digging navy lately!  I'm wearing a size 6 in the blouse with plenty of room, so you may want to size down if you are small chested.

All in all, I loved today's look...tie neck blouse + pencil skirt = easy chic.  Thanks for visiting!!

One more thing:  In celebration of fall, I've added a couple tweedy items to Shop Colorful Corporate.  Please check out my items for sale!  Thanks!

7 comments:

  1. I love the green skirt! I have the cotton double serge pencil skirt in warm jade...I think I need to invest in a wool version for winter. I'm really crushing on green lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color on that skirt - you always look good in green tones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I swear everyone wore their wool No. 2's today!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely love this skirt and the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I do think these skirts are good investments!

      Delete
  4. The retro jade is really a beautiful color, and I do have an affection for tie-neck blouses too, esp, if it's silk. I'm glad that you posted about the long length pencil skirt. I was thinking about whether or not I should try one, but I have regular length ones that feel fine for my height too.

    ReplyDelete