Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Kelly green bubble necklace + Penciled Abronia Skirt

Purple silk top:  Banana Republic, old and RIP now
Penciled Abronia skirt by Odille:  Anthropologie, summer 2010
Bow pumps:  Joan & David
Bubble necklace in kelly green:  J.Crew here
Sometimes I will see a blogger wearing an item that I too own and it makes me want to run to my closet and pull that item out ASAP.  That was the case with this skirt, I saw it over on I Dream of Anthropologie and was inspired to wear it.   I adore the skirt, but this silk top went buh-bye after today's wearing unfortunately.   I've had it for years and have been unable to give it up because I love the vibrant violet color.  But I realized today it just doesn't fit that well anymore and it is past its prime...so RIP purple silk top, you had a longer run in my closet than a lot of other items do.  Has that ever happened to you?  You're wearing an item and suddenly realize, yeah I'm done with this thing.  Or maybe I'm just strange.  That could be...

I can't stop wearing my bubble necklace.  I love everything about it, right down to the jingle-jangle sound it makes when I walk.  If you still haven't jumped on the bubble necklace bandwagon, come on aboard! 

Thanks for visiting!   

10 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful outfit! Love the vibrant colors. I have felt the same way about certain items. It'll sit in my closet for months untouched and the day I finally pull it out I realize why I haven't worn it in so long!

    That skirt is on my ebay-stalking list. It's just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The skirt is actually very comfy too!

      Delete
  2. I want the green bubble necklace every time I see you wear yours. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I'm really considering buying a red factory version for the holidays! I can't get enough!

      Delete
  3. That is a super cute necklace. And those pumps!!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not, the pumps are comfortable too! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Ahhh yes, just had to do the same to a striped top.

    You wear vibrant colors so well - this suits you so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Jeannie! That purple color is so lovely on you - and I think purple and green make a fabulous combination :) I hope you can find another blouse the same shade, I don't blame you for keeping it for so long.

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It reminds me of J.Crew's bright dahlia..I hope they bring that color back! I adore lavendar and green together too!

      Delete