Monday, September 3, 2012

Wayless Dress by Lilly Pulitzer + J.Crew Cece Ballet Flats

Wayless Dress in Hotty Pink Ring my Chimes:  Lilly Pulitzer, 2009 I believe
Cece ballet flats in tortoise:  J.Crew, summer 2012, sold out online but check stores
Hope everyone had a restful Labor Day with your family and/or friends.  We took our boys to the Newport Aquarium today (awesome aquarium if you are ever in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area) and this is what I wore.  Funny reaction:  When I came downstairs, ready to go, my husband said  "You're kind of dressed up for the aquarium."  And I said (rather indignantly), "Well I like to look nice!"  Then my 5 year old chimed in, "Mommy you look pretty in that dress," which caused my 7 year old to look up from his Legos and say "Actually, Mom, you DO look kinda pretty."  Ummmmm....thanks?  These little boys crack me up.  My friends who have little girls the same age tell me that the girls are already pretty harsh judges of their mothers' outfits.  My little boys have never said anything other than I look pretty, no matter what I'm wearing.  I'm thankful for that, as I don't think I could handle a 5 or 7 year old wardrobe critic! 

I've been loving my Lilly dresses lately, I think because summer is nearly over and I will have to pack most of them away again, as probably 85% of my Lilly dresses are summer.  This one looks a bit more like autumn, with the pinks and chocolate browns. I've dressed it up and dressed it down and love it either way.  Did you see the name of the pattern of this dress?  I love how creativity and wit of all of Lilly's patterns.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! Those colors are perfect on you!

    My first time commenting, but I read your blog regularly. Since we are nearly size twins, I really appreciate your reviews. --Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you can wear a dress any day you like! and your boys are spot on - you look great in this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not wear a dress if you want? Thanks Laura!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like your boys learned early to always say nice things about a woman's outfit!

    (If you're interested, I'm giving away a $100 gift card to Shopbop. Enter here!)

    ReplyDelete