Sunday, September 9, 2012

Palma + camel leather, and a guest

Palma dress by Sariah:  Anthropologie, winter 2012
Blue leather sandals:  Calvin Klein
Camel leather jacket:  Banana Republic, 2007
Greetings everyone!  Why do weekends go by so quickly?  On Friday night I had a wonderful girls' reunion with a dozen or so friends who were in my college sorority.  We had a blast!  Old friends are the best.  I wore my beloved Palma dress for the occassion and layered it with an old leather jacket from Banana Republic.  I bought this jacket on sale back in 2007...I think it was about $200, which was still more than I wanted to spend.  But the style has remained relevant with each passing year, and I still wear it every fall.  I see there's a very similar one offered at Gap right now here.  I'm happy it turned out to be more of a lasting investment piece than I had originally anticipated!

Now I'd like to introduce you to a friend of mine, who has years of experience under her belt in the fashion industry.  Kristin has worked at some of the most widely known labels, including Kate Spade, Marc Jacobs, Stella & Dot, Nine West, and the list goes on.  She really knows her stuff fashionwise, but a little more than a year ago she decided to turn her talents to a new career:  Health coaching.  It takes a lot of bravery to switch your career path when you've been so successful, so I give her a lot of credit.  You need to check out her blog, Fresh Equation, for tons of useful health and wellness information.  Here is what Kristin wore for our girls' night:

Kristin is wearing:
Dress:  Madewell
Ankle boots:  Steve Madden
Gorgeous!  I love the juxtaposition of the fall ankle boots with the sundress.  Thanks for letting me include you in my blog Kristin! 

Thanks for visiting my blog today!  Do you still make it a point to do girls' nights with your friends?  It gets more difficult once everyone is married, with careers and children.  But each time we get together, I am so happy.  It's well worth the planning and juggling! 

10 comments:

  1. Hehe I love girls nights out! We had a couple of girls nights in this summer and they were a blast - made BBQ pizzas and danced around the kitchen after work. I must make a mental note to get dressed up for these events, make it feel more cool :) Thanks for the idea Jeannie!

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum on your pizzas! We'll have to try that next time!

      Delete
  2. Love girls night out! And the color of your jacket is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I ignored them all summer, now I love them!

      Delete
  4. It was so great to see you this weekend, Jeannie. Thank you for including me in your blog post!!! Miss you girls already! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your camel leather jacket! xoxo linds {{www.rubygirlblog.com}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both beautiful girls!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete