Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4th outfits!

Mariposa Tank by Girls From Savoy:  Anthropologie, Summer 2011
Sailor shorts in strawberry:  J.Crew, here
Yellow wedges:  Audry Brook,  other colors here
What a day!  We've been running from here to there all day but it's been a great time with friends.  I had an outfit change due to the fact that the heat wave in Cincinnati is still going strong!  For our first event, a fun festival at a lake community in Northern Kentucky, I went pretty casual with this tank and shorts. I forgot how comfortable and flattering this top is, I will definitely be wearing it again this summer. I also highly recommend these shorts from J.Crew...they are the perfect length and so comfy, but if you can catch them in-store they are a much better price!

Isabel dress in white mariposa:  Lilly Pulitzer, summer 2012 here
Jack Rogers Rio Navajo in turquoise/gold, summer 2012 buy on sale here
Our next stop was a kid-friendly party, hosted by a family from our sons' school. I wanted to dress up a bit more so I went with this Lilly dress with gorgeous lace detail at the halter.  Since I was still running after my 2 year old I wore flat sandals and I'm glad I did as he was in HIGH MAINTAINENCE mode at this party.  Whew...we're home now, it's 10 PM and I'm ready to put the kidsg to bed and have 1 drink that I can actually enjoy without running after someone, getting a water for someone, or otherwise tending to their needs.  Happy 4th everyone!  I am so proud of our country and the men and women who defend our nation. 

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a very fun and busy holiday! You look wonderful in both outfits, and I absolutely adore your Lily Pulitzer dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Love that you paired those pretty pink shorts with bright yellow shoesies!

    xx,
    Erin
    http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I see you had some yellow pumps on yourself on your blog! :)

      Delete