Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Peplum top in fresco floral

Peplum top in fresco floral sateen:  J.Crew collection, spring 2012, popbacks here
No. 2 pencil skirt in marrakech purple:  J.Crew, here
Nude oscar pumps:  Jessica Simpson
While the original price on this top was completely insane, I got it for a nice little steal during the recent J.Crew sale.  As we all know, in-store prices differed vastly from online prices, and this top was marked all the way to $69.99 in-store with an additional 30% off.  (The lowest it got online was 119.99 as you can see on the popback.)  Now here is where I get confused:  It seems like the fate of the item you are after totally depends on which sales associate or catalogue rep you get on the phone when you are searching.  I had no problem hunting down this top, which was never carried in my local store, but the next time I went to search for an item that was still full price online but on sale in-store,the sequin anchor tank, I had no luck.  The catalogue said they could only offer me the online price.  My local store tried to do a search and find for me, but I got an email two days later that the search was unsuccessful. (If anyone sees one in a size extra small, small or medium in your local store PLEASE message me!)  But I digress.  I am so, so happy J.Crew tracked down this top for me, at such a great price, when I thought I had missed out.  It brought a smile to my face all day.  It is a beautifully made top and one that will be in my closet for years to come.

See...I told you I've been hitting the Crew-lade hard!  Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. ooh it looks so great on you - especially with the purple skirt!

    i really want to try something in peplum but i'm a little afraid that it will draw unwanted attention to my stomach area. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The inconsistencies really bother me! And to make matters worst, it's always more expensive on the CND side vs USA. Not fair J. Crew. But I love seeing how you paired the top here, I really adore it too and am having a blast styling it :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute on you and I love it with the purple skirt -- will totally be copying this! Thanks so much for the award as well -- so sweet of you! I'm way backed up, but will post about it on my blog asap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeez, that's crazy about the store search. It's another area where J Crew isn't consistent. At all. Who cares if the item is on sale or not. Just search for it already. Most stores are only so big and they are on walkies for crying out loud. It really annoys me.

    Anyway -- you look great in the top & I like it w/that skirt. I don't wear pencils very much these days, but I got the royal violet because it's very comfortable and I'm sure I can casualize it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! Gigi---you really helped me with the sizing of this blouse and how I should track it down! Thanks as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute outfit! About the sequin anchor tee, your store should be able to quote the store price to customer service for you if you go into the store and use the red phone to order it (hope that makes sense--I'm sleepy--LOL!). HTH :)

    ReplyDelete