Friday, July 6, 2012

Silk bow cami in stripe

Silk bow cami in stripe:  J.Crew, summer 2012,  here
Pastiche shorts:  J.Crew, summer 2010
Navajo mid wedges:  Jack Rogers, limited sizes here
Today is my wonderful mother's 72nd birthday.  To celebrate I made a nice summer meal and just had our little family around the table for a birthday lunch.  The first thing my mom said when she walked in was, "What are you wearing?  It looks like you got dressed in the dark."  She's not really up on the whole pattern mixing trend and rolled her eyes when I told her mixing stripes and florals was "in."  She secretly acts annoyed by my fashion obsession but I know deep down she enjoys hearing about it all.   I thought this top and shorts looked so fun together, I've really be embracing the pattern mixing this summer!  This week has been such a nice, relaxing time off work...I feel happy and reconnected to my family, and ready to go back to the daily grind on Monday.  I hope you all had a great week too! Tonight we are braving the crowds at King's Island in 100 degree heat with our kids and another family.  Wish us luck!  I definitely will be changing my top...I do not want to ruin this one!

Here is a picture of me, my mom, and my middle son on her birthday.

Happy 72nd birthday mom!

8 comments:

  1. What a fun outfit! I think florals and stripes are a great way to pattern mix. I'm glad that you had a great week to recharge!

    I've enjoyed reading your blog the last few weeks and I have awarded you the One Lovely Blog Award. Please visit my blog to receive it! applesandpencilskirts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you said your mom was 72? Is that a typing error because she looks damn good!! Happy Birthday to her!! And cute pattern mixing on your outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes 72! I am the youngest of 4 and was a "surprise" to my parents a little later in life, at least back then mid-30's was considered "later in life!" :) Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I think the two patterns look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blouse is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that you wore patterned shorts with this top. You look great in them! Char looks amazing too!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete