Friday, November 16, 2012

Flair skirt in floating rose: A J.Crew favorite

Silk pintuck blouse in charcoal:  J.Crew, other colors here
Flair skirt in floating rose:  J.Crew, fall 2011
Double-strand seahorse necklace:  J.Crew, summer 2012
Black boots:  Ann Taylor
It's Friday, and I feel like I started my weekend out right already.  Somehow, some way, I found myself with an extra 30 minutes to myself this afternoon.  I parked myself at Starbucks with a salted caramel mocha, and even though I was going over work information, it still felt like a relaxing luxury.  Afterward, I felt totally recharged for the remainder of my work day, and ready for the weekend!  Maybe it was the caffeine talking...but still.  It was awesome. 

I adore the flair skirt in floating rose from last year, but I have a really hard time styling it for some reason.  I settled on a charcoal top today but thought the result was just so-so.  I'll keep working at it through, because this skirt is too pretty to sit in the closet, especially around the holidays!  I did find some great styling ideas on one of my fave blogs, Shopping with M, I think I will try her chambray look with it next time.

Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

  1. i think it looks great with the charcoal!

    and salted caramel mochas are like my favorite thing, ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh the salted caramel mochas are so fab aren't they??

      Delete
  2. You look adorable!!! Everything fits perfectly and the colors are matching amazingly! Love this outfit!!!! Would you like to follow each other?
    xx from Vienna
    evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those colors together and that skirt is fabulous! You have such a tiny waist!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! After 3 kids, that's a really nice thing to hear!!

      Delete
  4. I love this skirt, too. I copied M's chambray styling with it last winter, and liked it. I also like it with brown monochrome and black monochrome (t-neck, tights, boots). It is a great print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think to pair it with brown. Great idea! Thanks!

      Delete