Thursday, November 1, 2012

J.Crew Factory floating rose scarf + navy schoolboy blazer

Navy schoolboy blazer: J.Crew, 2010, this year's version here
Floating rose scarf:  J.Crew Factory, fall 2012
Wool cafe capris in maraschino cherry:  J.Crew, fall 2011
Colette pump in reptile:  Tahari
Merciful heavens, as my mom would say, this is a terrible picture of me.  Mama's tired today folks.  Have you watched American Horror Story yet?  I watch it every Wednesday night, and then every Wednesday night I cannot sleep!  I really do not like scary movies and the like, but for some reason this show is like a train wreck I can't turn away from.  But then I toss and turn all night, as I get so disturbed by it!  So excuse the tired face and terrible hair today!

Can we just sing some praise to J.Crew's schoolboy blazer?  I have them in so many colors and fabrics, and I love them all.  They are just so versatile and chic.  Navy is a must color, though.  There is nothing it won't go with!  I'm really still considering the festival blue one that's currently on sale for 129.99, but I am hoping it will get slashed again to $99.99. 

I found this scarf randomly during one of my seldom Factory visits...it was $19.99 + an addional 40% off.  Since I love the floating rose/blurry rose pattern so much, I was thrilled to find such a bargain. 

 Note of random:  I have a hair appointment tomorrow and it can't come soon enough, I am LONG overdue.  But honestly, I am one of the few women who actually hate getting their hair done.  I hate how expensive it is, and I hate how long it takes to for me to get a color and cut/blowout.  I have a ton of hair so it's a 2.5 hour, $200 ordeal.  But I've put it off way longer than I should have!   To use another one of my mom's favorite terms, I am looking like the last rose of summer. 

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I don't like getting my hair done either. It doesn't feel relaxing. It feels like an errand. Hope yours comes out as you're hoping :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit the. Nail on the head...it feels like a chore to me! I can never learn to relax... I am too much of a multi tasker!

      Delete
  2. I love the scarf and how you tie it! The print is beautiful! I can also tell how dependable the navy blazer is. I love my gap blazer which fits me perfectly. It can be worn to work and for the weekend. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who would like to build their professional work closets. Can you write a post on the must items for work?

    Hyun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am no expert but that sounds like a fun list to put together! I will give it a shot!

      Delete