Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sometimes (fashion) dreams come true: J.Crew Collection Crepe Shawl Blazer

Collection crepe shawl blazer:  J.Crew, fall 2012
Black lace top:  Banana Republic, holiday 2011
Gray pinstripe pants:  Banana Republic, fall 2011
Leopard heels:  Banana Republic Mad Men Collection, fall 2011

My friends, sometimes fashion dreams come true.  When I first reviewed this blazer of pink awesomeness, here, I never thought I would be lucky enough to own it.  The price, $350, is way out of my price range for a blazer.  Plus, my local J.Crew didn't have my size, a 6, and it sold out online in size 6 very quickly.  It popped back now and then, and even got marked to $249.99, but that was still too much for me to pay.  Imagine my delight when I was stalking my local J.Crew (a bi-weekly occurance), and I found one shawl blazer, on the sale rack, size 6, marked to $199.99 plus the addional 25% off.  I literally gasped out loud.  I even had several returns to make, so really this blazer was all mine for only an addional $39 to what I was already returning.  Happy day!  I kept the rest of my outfit simple (and conservative) because I wanted to let it shine today, but I will definitely mix it up next time. 

I know I will love this blazer for years to come.  Some things are just meant to be.  Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. I love when clothes are meant to be! (GUSH!)

    Good for you. Here's hoping clothing karma comes my way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so pretty! So happy you were able to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh Jeannie you look fantastic in that blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks gorgeous on you, what a great find! Don't you love then the shopping karma gods smile on you? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good shopping karma makes shopping even more addictive doesn't it? Thanks!

      Delete