Monday, November 26, 2012

Some old and new J.Crew: Chimera Jacket + retro jade cafe capris

Wool pleated-silk chimera jacket in dusty blossom:  J.Crew, fall 2009
Wool cafe capri in retro jade:  J.Crew, here
Silk leopard top:  Ann Taylor, 2011
Heels:  Joan & David
Happy Cyber Monday! Anyone get some good deals?  I'm still debating a big J.Crew purchase but I'm just not sure I'm ready to pull the trigger today.  I still have a few hours left to decide!  Wouldn't it be awesome though if J.Crew would have offered a really exciting deal, like 50% off the sale price?  I'm just not that excited by either J.Crew or Anthropologie's Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals. 

I'm loving these retro jade capris and especially how they paired with this older jacket from J.Crew.  I'm wearing a 6 Tall and they fit great, and don't seem to be stretching out as badly as the ones from last year .  As far as the jacket goes, the chimera has always been a favorite of mine.  For my working mom lifestyle, blazers and jackets make the best investment pieces. I wear them for years, and if they're good quality they last forever and hold a good resale value too.

Going back to the grind today after 5 days off was tough but yet a relief at the same time.  A relief in the fact that we were back on our regular schedule and I wasn't stuffing myself with food I don't normally eat.  I need to detox this week! 

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. I hit up loft.... Ugh I'm banned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed - most of the online Black Friday/Cyber Monday hype was a bust. Nothing much more than a regular sale promotion. I am sure there were a few great deals somewhere - just not any of the sites I was watching

    ReplyDelete