Tuesday, November 20, 2012

French hen silk blouse + cafe capris

French hen silk blouse:  J.Crew, fall 2012
Wool cafe capris in maraschino cherry:  J.Crew, fall 2011
Colette heels in reptile:  Tahari
Necklace:  J.Crew, 2009
Ahhh, a 2 day work week, pretty nice isn't it?  All day long I waited for someone to ask me if I had turkeys on my shirt so I could say "why no, they are French hens!"  But no one did.  Booo.  You can see that from any sort of distance, it's nearly impossible to tell what this pattern actually is.  But up close...Lordy these little hens are so cute. 

So I have a little trick for anyone who is dealing with sagging, stretched-out wool capris.  These red ones were driving me bonkers with how huge they had gotten.  So I took a chance and washed them with a tad bit of detergent in warm water, then let them air dry.  They totally snapped back into shape and now fit me so much better.    Washing them really helped shrink them just the right amount.  The only downside is it took forever to iron them... I'm rather picky when it comes to pressed clothes, and I like a sharp crease.  Do I just look for ways to make my life more difficult?  I can't help it...I like the crisp, clean look of freshly ironed clothes!  I even iron my  boys' school uniforms every night...what can I say, I am old school like that.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic week! 

8 comments:

  1. Jealous of your hen shirt! Makes me want one! I was kind of hoping the scarf would go on sale. I need something in hen before 2012 ends!! LOLz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need some hens in your life! :)

      Delete
  2. I love this shirt - I was wearing it yesterday with a red blazer! Looks adorable with the red pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are thinking alike lately! It's a great top isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Love this shirt! I was able to grab me one 2, and it's perfect with the red cafe capri in wool (have it in modern red)! Copying.......xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love it if you copied! :) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. I simply cannot wear the wool capris because of the itch factor. I really wish they had lined them and then I would have snapped up a couple of these pants because I love the fit. very flattering. Does any one else have this problem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand how a person with sensitive skin would think these are itchy! I can pretty much tolerate a lot of itch factor...but it would be nice if these were lined, I agree!

      Delete