Thursday, November 29, 2012

J.Crew Lady Jacket in berry...delicious

Lady jacket in double serge wool (bright berry):  J.Crew, other colors here
Leigh dress:  J.Crew Factory, here
Bow heels:  Mojo Moxy (DSW)

Today is a crazy-busy work day which started with an early morning mass with my second-grader and kindergartener.  My second-grader read one of the petitions so of course I was so proud of him.  Going to their school mass is always such a peaceful, beautiful way to start the day. 

I love this lady jacket so much.  For around $70, it was a steal!  Typically I have to stay away from this style jacket at J.Crew, as they are normally too short on me.  But this one seemed to hit me at a decent length and looks fine with dresses.  Did you grab this at a steal?  This berry color is sold out but the spicy gold is really pretty too! 

Gotta run...thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. I love the color of that jacket, so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous blazers! J. Crew is really killing it this year with blazers, I feel like so many lovely ones came out this year :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and they've had decent sales on them too!

      Delete
  3. Pretty color on you!

    I love the lady jacket, it's much more flattering (not as boxy) as many of their other blazers. Somehow I still manage to look like I have a waist and that is good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it is somehow more flattering than many of J.Crew's other short jackets!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, I loooooove this jacket. I have the yellow one and like you, got it for around $70 and love reminding myself that I got it for almost $200 off the regular price ($258)! Add to that it's 100% wool and double-serge, too! I agree with Tasia, they're killing it with the blazers this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yellow one is really pretty too! If I didn't already have 2 yellow wool blazers I'd be all over it! :) It was a great deal!

      Delete
  5. Hi! I'm so glad that a fellow tall woman actually did a review on the beautiful lady blazer. I wanted to know if you got your standard size? I usually wear an 8 tall (I'm 6 feet) but was wondering if I should get a larger size as I have a little bit broad shoulders. I wear an 8 Tall in all the other blazers but since this one was cropped... for length sake. Please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eunice! I am wearing my standard size 6! I would say it is TTS! Hope this helps.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Have you tried wearing it with the No.2 pencil skirt? Does the top of the skirt meet with the bottom of the jacket?

      Delete
  6. I was thinking of buying this blazer--- I also want to know -- did you get your regular schoolboy blazer size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Guess what I was able to grab tonight ;)

      Love it! I think I like it with jeans but certainly it would look dressy with a skirt.

      Thanks once AGAIN for sharing your great outfit ideas for all to see!

      Delete