Thursday, November 15, 2012

Adding more polka dots to my collection, and healthy habits

Collection cashmere polka dot in caramel/dusk:  J.Crew, other colors here
Double serge wool No. 2 pencil skirt in vivid jade:  J.Crew, here
Boots:  Coach, fall 2010
YES.  I am insane.  I cannot resist polka dots or cashmere, so when you put them together it's futile for me to resist.  I caved and purchased ANOTHER collection polka dot sweater, this time in the caramel color. (See me in the green version here).  But...but...but...I have a good reason!  I do not have many neutral tops or sweaters at all, and I have a lot of bright skirts...so I thought this would pair nicely with many skirts I own.  (Do you reason away excessive purchasing like I do?  This is a problem.)   As far as sizing goes, I again purchased this in a small.  You can see I have extra room in the torso.  That's OK by me, because I hate when sweater arms are sausage tight, and that's what an extra-small would do to me.  ANYWAY...you can just be sure that I fully, 100% endorse this sweater in every color, so if you see it in-store or it pops back online, and you're considering it...I say go for it!  It's very nicely made and well worth the sale price. 

As far as the skirt goes, I originally ordered this color in the Tall 6.  I figured I'd try it out, I was really curious about how it would compare to the regular 6.  Turns out the Tall size was frumptastic on me.  I took it to my local J.Crew to get a second opinion, and all of the wonderful sales associates and the personal shopper there agreed.  The Tall length was just too long for me.  So I exchanged it for a regular 6.  (I'm 5'10".)  Just wanted to share my experience in case you're a tall girl like me.

On another note, we leave for Florida in 5 weeks for our annual Christmas vacation.  I start to panic around this time every year, knowing I have to be in a bathing suit, on the beach, during the fat season.  So I'm trying to cut back and adopt a few more healthy habits between now and then.  I think my current healthiest habits, besides exercising daily, include drinking 80 ounces of water per day, and a cup of green tea every afternoon.  What is your healthy habit, and can you share it with me?  I'd love some new inspiration.  Thanks for stopping by! 

8 comments:

  1. Ha, I also caved on this one, and am wearing the green/navy one right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel SO much better that I am not the only one who owns this sweater in multiple colors! It seemed excessive but I've worn the green/navy one so much already, I know I will wear this one a lot too!

      Delete
  2. Very nice Jeannie! I have a polka dot problem too. I guess as problems go, it's fairly benign?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Polka dot problem, benign. Shopping addiction, a little less benign. :)

      Delete
    2. Haha, funny, my husband said the same thing.

      At least around the holidays our shopping addictions can serve a purpose?

      Delete
  3. polka dots - i was wearing a similar outfit yesterday! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe! I totally support this acquisition :) Although, I do hope you find the red dotty one - I think that one is the prettest of all the dotty cashmeres :) good luch!

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete