Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Hacking jacket in turquoise + coral scarf

Hacking jacket in turquoise:  J.Crew, fall 2011. This year's version here
1035 pant in stretch wool, heather flannel:  J.Crew, fall 2011.  This year's version here
Pumps:  Vince Camuto
Cashmere scarf:  T.J. Maxx
So I have this love/hate relationship with winter coats.  I love how stylish they can be, but I hate how hot I get, with being in and out of my car and in and out of offices all day long.  So typically during the cold months, unless it's below freezing, snowing, or raining, I am much more likely to be wearing a wool blazer and scarf rather than an actual winter coat.  In fact, that was the big purchase I was considering making yesterday from J.Crew, a new winter coat.  But I just couldn't justify the need to spend more than $200 right now on a coat for myself when Christmas is right around the corner.  I am sure I will purchase a new one in the near future, but it's still just not cold enough for me! 

It's my second day this week in a turquoise/coral combo.  And amid all the black and gray coats you see all day long in Ohio, I definitely stood out. Here's a picture without the scarf, I wore my retro jade Tippi underneath.



Hmmm I could use a necklace but I wore the scarf for most of the day. 

Thank you for reading! 

8 comments:

  1. Such lovely colors together! That blue is so gorgeous and soft looking :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turquoise hacking jacket is gorgeous - I love that color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do too..a bit softer than the retro jade!

      Delete
  3. Yay for wearing color in winter. It's much needed, as you said, in the sea of black & grey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color too. Looks so nice with your hair color. Really makes the color pop!

    ReplyDelete