Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Anthro fitting room reviews

Good afternoon!  I'm excited to bring you my first fitting room reviews from one of my favorite places on earth...Anthropologie!  I tried on a few newer items and many sale items, as I don't know about you, but I shop nearly exclusively sale items at Anthropologie!  I'm happy to finally do this, as I so appreciate other blogs' fitting room reviews...it really helps when you are considering ordering an item for yourself.  So here we go!
Basque Floral Dress by Hi There From Karen Walker
Online Exclusive
$140
100% Polyester
See here
This dress was obviously a return to my local Anthropologie as it says on Anthro's website it is an online exclusive.  This was a size 4, and the right size for me.  I thought the fit and cut of this dress were adorable and flattering and definitely appropriate for work.  The big "but" for me is...it's polyester!  And $140!  That to me is unacceptable.  This would have been a lovely dress in a cotton or silk blend.  But poly?  And to me it definitely felt like poly.  It has gotten rave reviews online so maybe I'm alone in my indignance over polyester.  Anyway, it fit TTS and besides the poly factor was a cute summer dress.

Flame Kissed Skirt by Vanessa Virginia
Cotton, cotton lining
$118
See here

This skirt is well made out of a nice, thick material, but for me at 5'10", too short for work.  I'm wearing a size 6 so I'd say it's TTS.  A great summer skirt,  even though I'm typically not into a "flame" motif!

Sunblaze Lace Skirt Yoana Baraschi
Size 6
$148
See here
Farren Blouse by LeifNotes
Size 6
Second markdown to $39.95
See here
This skirt was in Anthro's May catalogue and while I usually adore items by Baraschi I am not loving this skirt.  It was NEON orange and it felt very flimsy.  I definitely don't think it is worth the current price!  I am sure many ladies will love this skirt but it's just not for me.  It does fit TTS.  I'm wearing a 6 here and it was slightly loose.
I was surprised at how much I did like the Farren blouse.  This is a size 6 and too big for me, but there wasn't a 4 to try on.  I loved the color and the beading, but didn't love the totally open back which would require a cami.  The material seemed very delicate too, so be careful.  But at $40 it's a steal!  I did like this top!
Peppered Plena Dress by Meadow Rue
80% linen, 20% silk
On sale for $99.99
See here
I was surprised by how much I loved this dress.  It's very 1960's cocktail party.  The material was lovely, and the cut was flattering.  I'm wearing a size 4 here and I still have extra room, so definitely size down.  Wishlisted for me.

Field Biology Maxi by LiefNotes
On sale for $99.99
See here
 Ever since my local Anthro featured this dress in the spring fashion show, I have been oddly drawn to it. I know it is totally Little House on the Prarie, but I love it!  I especially love the bottom, how it's longer in the back.  This is a size 6 and I was swimming in it, but there was no 4 to try and I doubt my chest would have fit in the 2.  I LOVE this dress, even though it is totally not my usual style.  The lace embroidery is beautiful, and the cut is very flattering!



Yonina Mini Dress by Dream Daily by Rozae Nichols
On second markdown for $39.95
See here
I'm smiling here because I'm pleasantly surprised by how cute this little dress is.  YES I am totally contradicitng myself as this is polyester as well, but at $40, it's a great little washable, wear anywhere summer dress.  It is a mini dress but I didn't feel it was scandalous on my tall frame, so most girls should be just fine.  Grab it, it's a bargain and adorable!  I'm wearing a size small with plenty of room. 
And last but not least, I will leave you with my OOTD:
Aven Bloom silk dress by Moulinette Soeurs: Anthropologie, Fall 2011
Belt: Anthropologie
Necklace:  Anthropologie
Blush shoes: Tahari

Obviously this dress is too bare by itself for work so I had a lilac cardigan on over it all day, but it looks so lovely without the cardigan that I had to show you.  I bought this dress on second markdown for a steal before Christmas, then never got to wear it as it's more of a warm weather dress.  I was thrilled to pull it out today!  The pretty floral blooms all over it made me feel so springy.  Don't you love when you buy something off season and forget about it?  It's so exciting when you finally get to wear it!

Hope you enjoyed my Anthro reviews!

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, so many pretties on you! You look gorgeous in your outfit today! So flattering and springy. :) you know I love that field biology dress! Thanks for the great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M-the field biology dress is amazing! I love it too! And thank you!

      Delete
  2. Love this! I've never seen a fitting room review (I feel so out of it!). It's so helpful!!! I seriously would have never put on the Peppered Plena Dress by Meadow Rue and I LOVE it. I seriously may go check it out. You looked great in everything. And although the first dress wasn't the material you wanted, I think you looked the best in it! I also love the dress you wore today....very flattering on you!

    Thanks for the review! I think you need to do the same in Ann Taylor. I saw some cute things on line, but don't think they would look good on or that the fabric would be nice. Would love your thoughts...

    So fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy- you should totally try out the Peppered Plena dress! It would look beautiful with your hair and skin!

      Delete
  3. What a fun post! and my favorite (for real) is the last dress that you already had in your closet. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! I really liked it too all day! :) Appreciate what you have, right??

      Delete
  4. That Aven dress looks amazing on you! I've been hunting one down for a friend who needs an outfit for a wedding she has to attend. With your coloring (which is really similar to my friend's), this dress looks even more gorgeous! Out of all the fitting reviews you did, your dress is still better! (I do however like the Farren Bouse a lot...the open back is so cool....)

    ReplyDelete