Sunday, May 6, 2012

Casual Sunday picnic

Hillview halter top in nectar: Lilly Pulitzer, find it in size 2, new with tags, on ebay here!
Shorts:  Banana Republic, similar here
Sandals:  Jack Rogers Navajo in pink, similar here
Handbag:  Coach, old

Whoa! Between Kentucky Oaks, a Cinco de Mayo party, and today's party for the kids I am wiped out!  But it's been such a fun weekend I can't complain!  Unfortunately I forgot to snap a picture of my Cinco de Mayo dress...but I did want to show you a very casual outfit I wore today to a picnic in the park for my sons and their friends!  I rarely wear shorts, I don't find them to be all that flattering on me.  But I knew I'd be chasing after my two year old and helping the older boys with activities, and it was 80 degrees here in Cincinnati so I made an exception.  I love the Lilly Pulitzer hillview halter and wish they would bring it back!  I have several of them in different colors from 2-3 years ago.  I love how they fit and the embroidered lace detailing.  They're not in stock this season, but I did find several on ebay.  I love that they're feminine and unique but still casual enough to wear anywhere!
One of my favorite summer rituals is purchasing a new pair of Jack Rogers navajos.  If you haven't tried them yet...get some!  Wear them with shorts, dresses, skirts...they go with everything and last forever.  These are from 2 summers ago, my new pair for this year is turquoise with gold trim and I haven't broken them out just yet!  Many times Piperlime or endless.com will run a 20% off promo...definitely try to use a promo as it will save you around $20. 
Hope your weekend was fun as well! 

2 comments:

  1. I don't own any Lilly. I bought a great shift dress, but the color really wasn't right so I returned it. Gorgeous top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gigi! Give Lilly another try. Some Lilly is too "cutesy" or "busy" for a lot of gals, but I have found a lot of stunning pieces. Also, the quality of Lilly cannot be beat!

    ReplyDelete